Oil....

outatime86

It's the new year so I thought I would ask a question to start a new thread. I've been asking for years when I meet n greet with members the same....

What oil are you running and why?? Open to all and any. Partially brought it up due to Banks Power's new youtube series @ AMSoil.
For flat tappet cam I've always run standard oil with ZDDP and changed every 3,000.

Thanks in advance, happy new year.

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
Donations
$25.00
Unless you have a specific requirement - and you'll know if you do - it doesn't matter. Change it every year or 3000 miles, whichever comes first, and you won't have a problem. Ever.

outatime86

Was meaning to specifically state what oil for our buick engines, just in case anyone's wondering

outatime86

Unless you have a specific requirement - and you'll know if you do - it doesn't matter. Change it every year or 3000 miles, whichever comes first, and you won't have a problem. Ever.
I hear that. In my regular car 250k miles I just use standard what the manual calls for 5-30 and OEM filter, plug gasket, every 3000.

Not quite sure what to run when my buick is back up and running, thought I'd ask around. I have no oil cooler, my be-cool radiator doesn't support it. But I have a big filter adapter I believe with a PF24 ACdelco filter.

outatime86

Amsoil 10w30 or 10w40 amsoil zrod change it every 2k .
Because i beat the Tar out of my T
And It drinks Meth like a Kennedy
Thanks for your reply pool guy! Love your thumbnail.

On a side note trying to 'trigger' anyone, its not a competition or a reason to argue which is the believed "best".
Anyone can start their own thread for that. I'm curious what people choose to run on their personal GN motor that's it.

Bullnerd

Thanks for your reply pool guy! Love your thumbnail.

On a side note trying to 'trigger' anyone, its not a competition or a reason to argue which is the believed "best".
Anyone can start their own thread for that. I'm curious what people choose to run on their personal GN motor that's it.
Just teasin'

The OP has some good info here...

outatime86

Just teasin'

The OP has some good info here...

What a great link! Thanks, time to do some reading.

I was reading this link about flat tappet oil from the corvette forums, but I didn't originally post it due to its age. Not knowing if the oil's themselves have changed since 2009 which I'm assuming they have. List of Flat-Tappet Oils - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Donations
$25.00
:p :p :p

chopped39

Use whatever you have been using .Any 10w30 0r 10w40 is fine. Intervals are on you. Manufactures will say every 5k while the aftermarket started the every 3k years ago to make more money. VR1 would be your best bet. It also depends what fuel you are running. If your running E85 make sure the oil you use is compatible with it. I'm not sure about Alcohol injection. Im sure that makes it past the rings as well. I use to run 20w50 until the engine builder told me not to. I have been running Synthetic oils since I changed out to roller cams and change it every 1-2k and filter every 5k. I'm running the Canton filter set up

outatime86

Use whatever you have been using .Any 10w30 0r 10w40 is fine. Intervals are on you. Manufactures will say every 5k while the aftermarket started the every 3k years ago to make more money. VR1 would be your best bet. It also depends what fuel you are running. If your running E85 make sure the oil you use is compatible with it. I'm not sure about Alcohol injection. Im sure that makes it past the rings as well. I use to run 20w50 until the engine builder told me not to. I have been running Synthetic oils since I changed out to roller cams and change it every 1-2k and filter every 5k. I'm running the Canton filter set up
Thank you for your input!

Vr1 10-30 is $31 a case of 6 not too bad. I've got the 'biggie' oil adapter and was running pf24 acdelco filter but will be runnign the WIX 51258 instead, and $7 isn't bad. So around $40 to change oil, prices from amazon. Not running e85 but will be running alk injection, yes I was reading about alky making it past the oil rings but I wonder if thats due to the nozzles not atomizing the alky fine enough to get a complete burn. AEM's new v3 nozzles look great
might be an upgrade for the future, wonder if they would work okay with Razors kit.

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00