Oil Smell

1BAD_GN

1BAD_GN
I'm getting a burnt oil smell Inside of the car but I cannot locate an oil leak. Any ideas??

Is it most noticable after a hard run? Do you have a breather on the valve covers? If so, look and see if oil is pushing out and dripping onto the exhaust manifold. The drivers side breather/fill cap might be the culprit.

Is it most noticable after a hard run? Do you have a breather on the valve covers? If so, look and see if oil is pushing out and dripping onto the exhaust manifold. The drivers side breather/fill cap might be the culprit.
Thats correct. I have a breather on passenger valve cover. The driver side still has oil cap

Is your pcv in tack?

Also I see a lot of people remove the cowl seal. That will let vapors from the engine compartment into the cabin.

Look for stains burnt on the cross over pipe.

On the cowl, the rubber gasket that seals the hood to the cowl...

I can't stand that oil smell, I had it when I had breathers on both valve covers, I installed a catch can and the smell is usually barely noticeable after some hard pulls.

Clean that breather you have on the passenger side valve cover as it may be dripping onto the header, eliminate any other possible leaks falling onto the exhaust, check for a possible oil leak under the turbo itself and if those aren't the issue it's likely the vapors coming out the breather, a catch can helps a lot.

I have seen oil on the exhaust side of turbo thats not bad enough to smoke yet do this.

I can't stand that oil smell, I had it when I had breathers on both valve covers, I installed a catch can and the smell is usually barely noticeable after some hard pulls.

Clean that breather you have on the passenger side valve cover as it may be dripping onto the header, eliminate any other possible leaks falling onto the exhaust, check for a possible oil leak under the turbo itself and if those aren't the issue it's likely the vapors coming out the breather, a catch can helps a lot.
Removed the hood cowl. It helped some but still a slight smell. I will check some of the things you listed. Thanks Steve

I have that annoying smell too , sometimes , on my 33k mile GN. I have breathers on both vc' s. What catch can did you use? Sounds like a worthwhile project .