oil pump not pumping

DOUBAD RACIN1

Ok im back, had no oil pressure Till i primed the oil pump...
Let it ran for a min and started hearing a light knock, pulled value cover while was running and no oil pumping....
Wanted to know what u my think it could be...
Im puulling oil pump apart in the am to inspect...
All advice will be thankfull

Advice?

Pull it out of the car and tear it down. If you had enough time to pull the valve cover while it was running after you noticed the oil pressure had gone to zero, the bearings, cam, and lifters are likely toast.

Advice?

Pull it out of the car and tear it down. If you had enough time to pull the valve cover while it was running after you noticed the oil pressure had gone to zero, the bearings, cam, and lifters are likely toast.

I pull the value cover and had sumone watch while i started...
And when i drained the oil no metal in it at all...

Do you have a mechanical oil pressure gauge hook up? If not, that is a mistake. Guessing about oil pressure & whether or not you have oil circulation on Buick V6 motors, never ends well. Kinda sounds like you have something plugging the oil pick-up screen in the pan. At this point you have most likely damaged bearings & other parts as was suggested.

Did it lose prime after priming?

Do you have a working idiot light and is that what alerted you to a zero oil pressure? Or was the lack of oil at the rockers the 'evidence'. With actual zero pressure you should hear buttloads of lifter clatter.

Sounds like the last episode of running with a dry pump might have just shown itself.

Do you have a working idiot light and is that what alerted you to a zero oil pressure

Do you have a working idiot light and is that what alerted you to a zero oil pressure? Or was the lack of oil at the rockers the 'evidence'. With actual zero pressure you should hear buttloads of lifter clatter.

Sounds like the last episode of running with a dry pump might have just shown itself.[/QUOhE]

t the rockers the 'evidence'. With actual zero pressure you should hear buttloads of lifter clatter.

Sounds like the last episode of running with a dry pump might have just shown itself.[/QUO

car ran fine when I have primed the oil pump from the jump like you had said do then it cut off due to starter wire hit header and melted threw...
Changed starter wire and started,
then heard a light knock again...
Pulled Valve cover and had a friend watching to see if oil was pumping when i started and oil was not circulating and it was not a lot of noise either

Exactly why he needs an oil pressure gauge! He hasn't replied as to whether he has one or not?

Hey, you came here looking for help. We can't help you if we don't know what your set-up is?
Anyway, did the oil pressure gauge show any oil pressure when you had no oil to the top end of the motor?

Hmmm... Then it lost prime before the next time you started it? Are you using an oil filter that has the check valve in it?

If you don't have a remote filter system? You really need to use an oil filter that has the check valve in it. It keeps the oil from draining back into the pan & the pump loosing prime. PH-52 or Wix 1036(my preference) if running oil filter in stock location.

If you don't have a remote filter system? You really need to use an oil filter that has the check valve in it. It keeps the oil from draining back into the pan & the pump loosing prime. PH-52 or Wix 1036(my preference) if running oil filter in stock location.

Ill go pick one up thanks

Any one who has a brain would know u need a oil pressure gauge,

I don't have an oil pressure gauge. I guess it's pure luck my oil system is functional.

Sorry for wasting your time. I do find it odd, you trust the 'have a friend look at push rods' method instead of the ''I'll look at the oil pressure gauge myself'' option.

perhaps you'll have better luck in the future with a GN filter on your GN engine.