Oil pump gasket

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
So have a leak coming from the oil pump gasket. I looked quick but didn't full see is this something I can do in car or do I have to pull front cover off? If I can do in car I still have to pack it w Vaseline and reprime? Any help is appreciated

Make sure it's the cover gasket and not the pressure regulator gasket. If you have to pull the cover then yes you should pack it. You probably don't have to prime it but it would be a good idea.

it can be done in the car AS LONG as you don't lock the pump up with a thinner gasket.

I would recommend marking the cam sensor and popping it out so you can make sure the pump shaft still turns freely before bolting it back up. The last thing you want to do is shoot metal into the engine and ruin it just to save time.

When you take the filter adapter off the pump will lose prime. If you're still running an oil cooler, you can pop a hose loose and pour oil down into the cavity.

Oh, on the replacement gasket, DON'T use any sealant. Just soak it in oil for a little bit so it'll swell some then put it in place.

Before you take it apart I'd also go ahead and get a mirror or plate glass and some 100~150 grit. While it's apart you might as well resurface the filter adapter while you've got it out.

Well idk if the leak is coming from there now. It's seeping some but not what I was noticing. The car is up on jackstands not super high only in front and there was no oil leaking down. The car does have a nice rake to it. So it only seems to leak when it's in that stance.... wtf lol any ideas?

I'd verify the leak location before I start tearing into important stuff that could kill your engine.