Oil pressure

Gene Van Horn

Ok here's my second little dilemma of the day, i took the car to my sons house last sat. 3 and half hours each way. On the way home I noticed my oil pressure bobbing up and down a little when i was going a steady 70. Would go from 45 to 40 to 35 to 45 every once in a while. The pressure has never done this so Im curious what could cause this. When ever i gave it a little more gas goes right up to 60. Ive got a video,you can see it bobbing just not as bad. And yes its full of oil. Any ideas. Thanks Gene

Ok here's my second little dilemma of the day, i took the car to my sons house last sat. 3 and half hours each way. On the way home I noticed my oil pressure bobbing up and down a little when i was going a steady 70. Would go from 45 to 40 to 35 to 45 every once in a while. The pressure has never done this so Im curious what could cause this. When ever i gave it a little more gas goes right up to 60. Ive got a video,you can see it bobbing just not as bad. And yes its full of oil. Any ideas. Thanks Gene
If electrical gauge check sending unit and gauge connections. You could get a mechanical gauge and hook it up under the hood and then hold engine at the same rpm/high idle and see if its fluctuates. If its steady the sending unit and or gauge is shot.

A loose oil pickup can cause this also if it sucks any air at the gasket.

Turbo Nasty, good idea there. A couple months ago i bought oil pressure testing kit to test my turbo diesel dodge. I can use this to test pressure in the car also. I forgot i even had it. Thanks for the help.

ek02, thanks for the reply, i know this can cause the problem. Im hoping its not that. As soon as i hit the gas it rise steadily. This will check after I do the external check at the block. Thanks for the reply, Gene Van Horn. Happy Easter to everyone.