Oil pressure question

Pat86GN

86 GN
New rebuilt engine New GM stock oil pump ,stock original cover,45-50 cold start And 20-25hot,whit VR1 10w30,main bearing clearance 002-0022,for the rod around 0021-0022 I whant to raise the pressure what is the Best solution??go whit 20w50,power plate...because at idle is Not bad...20,. in overdrive maybe 60mph I have around 45lb I have a autometer electric gauge Not a lot of précision whit That....

No reason to raise your idle oil pressure. Just change your bypass spring to the yellow one. Also no need to run 20/50.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks cs99 I Will Check the color of the spring in My oil pump ,,maybe my engine builder put the wrong spring in it???I hope is juste thatThats Not à big problème to change the spring,I think melling have theme maybe GM?

Yes. TA performance also has them. You can also just put 1/8 shim between cap and spring also. I have a yellow spring and still had to shim it

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks cs99I Will Check at TA website And my auto parts to find That..before I Will go to the garage to remove the spring ...to see the color,I hope is juste That

New rebuilt engine New GM stock oil pump ,stock original cover,45-50 cold start And 20-25hot,whit VR1 10w30,main bearing clearance 002-0022,for the rod around 0021-0022 I whant to raise the pressure what is the Best solution??go whit 20w50,power plate...because at idle is Not bad...20,. in overdrive maybe 60mph I have around 45lb I have a autometer electric gauge Not a lot of précision whit That....

Those pressures are fine. You don't need to change anything unless it doesn't make it to ~60PSI under WOT at the top of each gear.

I’m running the same oil as you are and have the same results I’m at 20psi warmed up. I was running the mobile 1 15/50 and at idle I was at 30 psi. I switched to the vr1 10/30 to try it and the engine warms up sooner, pressure still good under acceleration and I feel like my turbo spools quicker. I personally think the mobile1 was to thick for a car that is not raced and is just a street car.

Those pressures are fine. You don't need to change anything unless it doesn't make it to ~60PSI under WOT at the top of each gear.
The Max pressure at wot is 45-50 Is why I whant to raise it at 60 to have more pressure at wot I hope I do Not ruine Notting because I do wot to set the boost

I find TA performance sell oil pump adjusteble spring I think I Will try That...anyway I have to remove my spring to Check for the color,whit adjusteble I Will set the pressure I whant...I hope ‍♂️I Need 10-15 more pound a WOT because 45-50 is low don't whant to ruine the bearing

If the spring is already the yellow one, just add a small washer in there to shim it a litte more

And if youre wanting huge numbers on your oil pressure gauge, you need to take it back to the buider and tell him to fix those loose clearances and build it right

If the spring is already the yellow one, just add a small washer in there to shim it a litte more

And if youre wanting huge numbers on your oil pressure gauge, you need to take it back to the buider and tell him to fix those loose clearances and build it right
Thanks sir,I Will try That,I juste whant acceptable oil pressure at WOT,I know it loose à Bit but I have a good idle pressure so I hope to fix that ,first I will check the spring color...I don't whant 80pound but juste to be to the safe side60 If possible and I Will be Happy Thanks!

I have a feeling your oil pump is already jacked up. You've got too much at idle on that loose ass engine to be low up top.

But, like you said in your original post, you don't trust your oil pressure gauge. Many people have been led down the wrong rabbit hold when they didn't now when to not trust their tools.

You asked for the best solution to fix oil pressure issues.... flip the engine upside down, remove the oil pan, and put in a set of bearings that will fix the clearances.

I have a feeling your oil pump is already jacked up. You've got too much at idle on that loose ass engine to be low up top.

But, like you said in your original post, you don't trust your oil pressure gauge. Many people have been led down the wrong rabbit hold when they didn't now when to not trust their tools.

You asked for the best solution to fix oil pressure issues.... flip the engine upside down, remove the oil pan, and put in a set of bearings that will fix the clearances.
Thats no a good feeling MrBrownI will go whit elimination,,,I hope I will not to remove the engine I put a lot of time to make that engine bay show car...hope...

I guess it just depends on what you want out of the car and it's engine. If you're only worried about how it looks, leave it be.

If you want your engine to be in spec and last, there's only one way to fix the bearing clearances......

I guess it just depends on what you want out of the car and it's engine. If you're only worried about how it looks, leave it be.

If you want your engine to be in spec and last, there's only one way to fix the bearing clearances......[/QUO I talk to the engine builder before the rebuilt And tell him to no go to loose ....I have to deal whit that problems now.I have all the winter to think,,,,but before remove the engine I will check that's spring and test whit thick oil

Check what color spring is in the bypass. Sounds like you may have a orange spring. If that’s the case change it to a yellow spring.

Don’t pull your motor for nothing.

Check what color spring is in the bypass. Sounds like you may have a orange spring. If that’s the case change it to a yellow spring.

Thanks TurboRick I will start to check the spring first and do some testing after to raise if possible the pressure my engine is a little loose but other member her have the clearance whit no pressure problème

thanks turboRick first thing I will check the spring,other member her have the same clearance whit good Wot oil pressure...and no I dont whant to pull motor a this time Idle pressure is good thanks

Wrong spring (black)....I put a TA ajustable spring et voila‍♂️At cold start whit 10w30 I have 60-65 hot 20-25 ,the clearence is not the probleme Happy now
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG

Wrong spring (black)....I put a TA ajustable spring et voila‍♂️At cold start whit 10w30 I have 60-65 hot 20-25 ,the clearence is not the probleme Happy now

You need thinner oil now.

Either that or you're running the wrong spring and have it jacked up with that TA external preload adjuster.