Oil pressure block problem ??

HUENEMEGN

So I’m trying to reinstall the brass oil block back into my engine but it’s clock in the wrong direction? At this point it’s starts to get real snug so I will only will have about 1/4 turn before it’s tight .

This is a different 109 block than my original 109 as that one the brass block is pointed in the right direction when tighten . What can I do to make this work ? Or what else can I do ?

Attachments

• 459F2253-92F8-4230-AC34-8A4010AED619.jpeg
    459F2253-92F8-4230-AC34-8A4010AED619.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
  • 1A7301D8-7A78-4FB8-9079-7FFAA0578B99.jpeg
    1A7301D8-7A78-4FB8-9079-7FFAA0578B99.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
This is what I’m trying to do

Attachments

• 4F893AAC-59A0-4F9C-A2EC-2EE9C2DE9F51.jpeg
    4F893AAC-59A0-4F9C-A2EC-2EE9C2DE9F51.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
You could get a pipe tap and and tap the hole just alittle deeper or try a different fitting.
c7c7e4fae1a847c5339c5d00ab5e2b05.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It’s really that tight where you think you are going to crack the cast block ?

It's probably more like he thinks he will snap the nipple of the block, or strip the nipple.

Buy a small nipple and insert it first into the block . Then thread a female brass "T" on to that. Between the available turns left in the nipple and the available turns left in the "T" , you should be able to clock it where you want it.

Or you can drill and tap the brass fitting where you want it and plug the hole that doesn't work for you.

I use arp thread sealant, it is an excellent lubricant and sealant and should let you turn the needed amount. The other option is thread tape to make the fitting appear larger and not go in as far.

spin a npt pipe die onto the fitting , when its snug turn it 3/4 a turn more it will allow the fitting to go in 3/4 turn more than what you had

I'm forcing the block finger tight in the picture. I believe another 1/4 turn with a wrench and it will be nice and tight but the block will be facing the wrong way. No way it will make it all the way around. I tested the brass block on my original engine and its sits tight in the correct direction.

It's probably more like he thinks he will snap the nipple of the block, or strip the nipple.

Buy a small nipple and insert it first into the block . Then thread a female brass "T" on to that. Between the available turns left in the nipple and the available turns left in the "T" , you should be able to clock it where you want it.

Or you can drill and tap the brass fitting where you want it and plug the hole that doesn't work for you.

I just didn't want to risk of damaging the threads. Its a new engine so would hate to have shavings go through my oiling system.
I was thinking off a nipple so I can possibly clock the brass block a different way. I will look into that.

spin a npt pipe die onto the fitting , when its snug turn it 3/4 a turn more it will allow the fitting to go in 3/4 turn more than what you had

This can work also. But I don't have a npt pipe die . I might need to barrow one.

I'd try another fitting. They'll all fit a little differently. The QC on those isn't so tight that all the threads start and end in the same place. Home Depot has them.

I'd try another fitting. They'll all fit a little differently. The QC on those isn't so tight that all the threads start and end in the same place. Home Depot has them.

I went looking for it at homedepot the other day but didn't find it, well I didn't have my original one to compare with so maybe thats the reason I didn't find it. I will look again.

If you dip the npt die in grease the shavings will stick to the grease when you back it out.