Oil Leak Question

TireFryer

The New Kid
So my dad and I got the oil pan and trans pan gaskets replaced, and also the turbo oil drain. But now its leaking oil from what looks like above the starter, but the valve cover gaskets aren't leaking, and the rear main isn't leaking either. Is there a sensor or oil galley plug or something that I don't know about? Like the whole trans bell housing is covered in oil as well... Its got me stumped and its ruining the paint on the crossover pipe. Yes i know these engines are just "marking their territory" and they always leak lol... just trying to get this last bug sorted out.

Thanks, J

Did you check the pcv another person had the the same problem it turned out to be leaking from the pcv valve and running down the back of the block

I thought that turbo bricks didn't leak, they just marked their territory. J/K.
I don't know about the driver side valve covers, but the passenger side valve cover is notorious for leaking at the lower rear corner block-gasket-valve cover area. I swore that I had a rear main seal leak but it turned out to be the passenger side valve cover at the area described above. HTH

Did you check the pcv another person had the the same problem it turned out to be leaking from the pcv valve and running down the back of the block

Where is that PCV breather? My dad thought it could be that but i don't know where it is. If you can't tell i'm a noob to all this lol

I thought that turbo bricks didn't leak, they just marked their territory. J/K.
I don't know about the driver side valve covers, but the passenger side valve cover is notorious for leaking at the lower rear corner block-gasket-valve cover area. I swore that I had a rear main seal leak but it turned out to be the passenger side valve cover at the area described above. HTH

I thought that it was the valve cover back there as well, but it is dry... just gunky from sitting in a garage for years.

Clean it off real good and douse it down with baby powder. Should show a wet area pretty easily. Has the intake been off? They may have tried to use those rubber"gaskets" on the flat place and didn't do the corners with anything.

Where is that PCV breather? My dad thought it could be that but i don't know where it is. If you can't tell i'm a noob to all this lol
Located passenger side between the middle and rear Injector

Attachments

• 20190517_202651.jpg
    20190517_202651.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
Clean it off real good and douse it down with baby powder. Should show a wet area pretty easily. Has the intake been off? They may have tried to use those rubber"gaskets" on the flat place and didn't do the corners with anything.

The intake has never been off the car in its lifetime, i think it could be that sadly... but yea those rubber "gaskets" are definitely the worst investment you can make lol

Check your turbo oil drain tube fittings. My car had a leak similar to yours and I would find oil around my torque converter cover and come to find out it was leaking from my upper turbo oil drain tube fitting.

My car had a leak similar to yours and I would find oil around my torque converter cover and come to find out it was leaking from my upper turbo oil drain tube fitting.
It is truly amazing how oil can travel from the front to the back of these engines and not drip anywhere until the oil gets to the back of the engine. It is a downhill journey. Ever so slightly downhill,but downhill none the less.

Check your turbo oil drain tube fittings. My car had a leak similar to yours and I would find oil around my torque converter cover and come to find out it was leaking from my upper turbo oil drain tube fitting.

I do believe that the oil drain is leaky, and its nice clean oil so ill definetly check and replace that gasket!!

Thanks, J