Oil leak need help please.

blackgn231

Money pit
I am having what looks like a leak at the oil filter adapter. I have replaced the adapter and have done this 3 times now and it leaks at the same spot every time. It looks like it’s leaking at the the cover and the plate , I am using a T/A performance gasket . It’s leaking right by one of the bolts if you remove the bolt while the car is running it does not get any worse . I have had the motor in my car for over 10 years before it started leaking . Then one day it started dripping could it be the gasket ? Checked to try and see if it was leaking from somewhere else but nothing yet . But when you crank it up I can see it coming from what looks like the gasket I am at the end of my rope with this I really need help .

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Sure it's not the oil filter Oring?

and I put hands on those TA plastic gaskets once... there's no way in hell I'd ever consider running on in an actual engine. Paper works just fine. (ESP on surfaces that aren't as prepped and flat as mine are)

blackgn231

Money pit
Sure it's not the oil filter Oring?

and I put hands on those TA plastic gaskets once... there's no way in hell I'd ever consider running on in an actual engine. Paper works just fine. (ESP on surfaces that aren't as prepped and flat as mine are)
No not the O-ring and it’s not the plastic gaskets starting to think maybe there’s a area not flat will check it hard to sand it with it installed on the car .

blackgn231

Money pit
Looks like it might not have been the adapter at all I stuffed a rag in about the adapter and it stopped but when I took the rag out it was soaked so maybe timing cover gasket or where oil sending unit screws in .

hensleyt

I had a sending unit leak , it was bad enough it was easy to find , but I can see it be a small leak. It’s just a small rubber diaphragm crimped together. And most of us run higher oil pressure than stock.

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
Looks like it might not have been the adapter at all I stuffed a rag in about the adapter and it stopped but when I took the rag out it was soaked so maybe timing cover gasket or where oil sending unit screws in .
Man, that leak is relentless. Way to keep after it. You’ll get it, I have faith in you!

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Brake parts clean the holy hell out of that entire area. Get everything dry dry dry....

Then go around the block and throw baby powder on the area. The leak will light up like the 4th of July.