Oil leak into radiator

xrunner123

I have a PTS Extreme radiator that I bought from PTS about 3-4 years ago and it's leaking oil into the coolant. Are these guys around anymore? Can this be fixed by someone?
Thanks

I have a PTS Extreme radiator that I bought from PTS about 3-4 years ago and it's leaking oil into the coolant. Are these guys around anymore? Can this be fixed by someone?
Thanks
How do you know the oil is getting into the coolant via the radiator?

This is a tough job to replace or fix an oil cooler in an alum radiator. :(

Sounds like you have a unit made by a company in Sacramento, CA when Bruce and I were having them develop an alum GN replacement radiator, and the issue was no proper alum coolers were available then, so they had to develop one to fit?

Your options may be to replace the entire unit, or bypass the oil cooler, as it may be too expensive to repair.

Not many cars use a radiator oil cooler, so yours would be worth something in the used market where you could recover some of your investment and put it towards a new radiator.

I do have a hot air car, no oil cooler, I am now working on which I will be replacing the radiator. I do have a 1987 GN radiator with a new high-effiency core, and if this could be of help and interest, let me know.

This is a tough job to replace or fix an oil cooler in an alum radiator. :(

Sounds like you have a unit made by a company in Sacramento, CA when Bruce and I were having them develop an alum GN replacement radiator, and the issue was no proper alum coolers were available then, so they had to develop one to fit?

Your options may be to replace the entire unit, or bypass the oil cooler, as it may be too expensive to repair.

Not many cars use a radiator oil cooler, so yours would be worth something in the used market where you could recover some of your investment and put it towards a new radiator.

I do have a hot air car, no oil cooler, I am now working on which I will be replacing the radiator. I do have a 1987 GN radiator with a new high-effiency core, and if this could be of help and interest, let me know.

Thanks for the insight. So if I run without the oil cooler I would plug up the oil cooler holes?
Also do I really need an oil cooler? I only drive occasionally on weekends.
Thanks again,.

Thanks for the insight. So if I run without the oil cooler I would plug up the oil cooler holes?
Also do I really need an oil cooler? I only drive occasionally on weekends.
Thanks again,.

No do not blockoff the holes. Remove the adapter plate.

I was going to block off the holes in the rad and either jumper the adapter plate (since I have an oil pressure sender there) or get an external cooler.
Does anyone know the size on the rad end?