Oil Filter

NAPA Gold, I believe it is made by "wix”. Part # 1258. I am running the biggy filter.

Purolator Pure One 30005
AC Delco Ultra Guard UPF 24
for a biggie application also.

WIX is my choice. It doesn't have the bypass. I have a WIX on my turbosaver, but still have a little Delco on the oil filter adapter for now. New motor, getting ready to plumb a cooler then will run the WIX there too.

an other vote for *wix* filters, i get mine from Carquest though. I dont have the PN handy but it is an other vote for wix though.

Actually they are all no good. None filter down to 8 mircrons and withstand 200 psi....................

I know this is an old post, but trying to filter down to 8 microns is not necessary, and is actually detrimental to oil flow. If the engine has good oil pressure, it will "track" through the filter media and then allow very large particles to pass.

Years ago I experienced no oil pressure after a pass at the track. The Mobile 1 filter would not pass enough oil with their very fine media about 10 microns and collapsed the paper-type media?

Talking with a WIX factory rep, he stated their media would pass up to 60 microns.

My engines and most others we build have 70-80 psi at start up, and 45-50 psi at operating temp, and we had lots of filter media collapse.

After some research of stainless mesh filters, I found the K&P was my choice, and have used it on all my cars.

I specify a K&P filter with NO bypass, and with hundreds of passes never had any bearing or turbo issues.

Race engines, street and track, need frequent oil/filter changes, so the economics of a re-usable filter will pay for itself over a few years, and also provides excellent protection of the engine. :)

Plus, this thread is 13 years old. 13 years ago, an oil filter in a Delco box was a quality filter (same as the spark plugs).

Here in 2018 Delco has thrown customers under the bus to save a couple pennies. The correct engineering term for those products now are ''shit''.

Depending on the store, this is the brands to buy

Pureolator PURE ONE (not the normal ones)
K&N
Mobil1
Wix
NAPA Gold
Baldwin

Avoid cheap Fram and Delco's like the plague. And of course any of the offbrands like Deauch or Driveworks.

Also, if not running the stock setup, tell the ''parts person'' you need a filter for a '99 Blazer 4.3. It's longer and have less pressure drop.

Plus, this thread is 13 years old. 13 years ago, an oil filter in a Delco box was a quality filter (same as the spark plugs).

Here in 2018 Delco has thrown customers under the bus to save a couple pennies. The correct engineering term for those products now are ''shit''.

Depending on the store, this is the brands to buy

Pureolator PURE ONE (not the normal ones)
K&N
Mobil1
Wix
NAPA Gold
Baldwin

Avoid cheap Fram and Delco's like the plague. And of course any of the offbrands like Deauch or Driveworks.

Also, if not running the stock setup, tell the ''parts person'' you need a filter for a '99 Blazer 4.3. It's longer and have less pressure drop.

Adding an anecdotal data point here.

Ran the Mobil1 M1-101 filter for 645 miles of road track racing. Figure ~50% of that time was at WOT. That's 1,290 drag passes. Oil analysis came back awesome, and I cut the filter open. Media was in good shape, no signs of deformity, collapse or disintegration.

Napa gold #1036(& Mobil 1 10w30) here, It's made by wixx, I think...I used to use ac-delco p52 or something(the longer version). but takes to long and need a few days to get it by ordering it. Napa's gold is exactly the same size but better filter