Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

Trader history for WorkInProgress (0)

WorkInProgress

Hi,
First time posting on here.
I have been trying to find a Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter for a 1987 Buick Grand National.
The original adapter has strip threads where the hose lines connects to.
Does anyone know where I could find one or any other options.
I appreciate the help.

1KWIKSIX

I’ve got a spare one $50 plus shipping
Send me you zip code & I’ll confirm shipping costs

vacuum 6

I have chuckers
Unless youre trying to keep the car completely stock Its not needed to cool the oil.
As the car gets older why risk oil and coolant contamination.

Again just my opinion. If not using take off dont plug the ports.

WorkInProgress

Unless youre trying to keep the car completely stock Its not needed to cool the oil.

I see I see, I appreciate the input !

jlat

hello people: Is there a pic. to show what you're talking about? If you don't mind?
IBBY

WorkInProgress

Yes found this on RJC Racing selling the O ring but not the actual adapter
oilOring.jpg

jlat

hello people: That is found by the engine oil filter correct? Please explain why an adapter? It adapts what? Sorry, youz guys for these stupid questions.
IBBY

WorkInProgress

hello people: That is found by the engine oil filter correct? Please explain why an adapter? It adapts what? Sorry, youz guys for these stupid questions.
IBBY
Yeah the oil filter would actually connect to the oil filter sandwich adapter then to this part in the photo I have sent that is on the passenger side of the car. To be honest not completely sure what it actually does. All I know that the lines off the sandwich adapter connects to the radiator. Excuse the mess in the photo by the way, the GN is a work in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 29

'87 Turbo "T"

What a complete shitshow!!
It’s the oil cooler adapter. Connects to the front cover assembly then the filter connects to the adapter.

You’ll see the cooler lines come out of the adapter then go to the top & bottom of the radiator.

jlat

hello people: Could you post a pic. of what you did? Did you take the lines to the rad. out completely?
IBBY

hensleyt

I think Scooby has a few of those oil coolers in the lake by his house.
But in the pic above the cooler has been removed by removing the I think 15/16 oil filter stub leaving you with a new stub under the cooler.
You can use a OE or get a Wix 51036 it’s a little longer than OE.
OE thermostat was 190 and oil temp could get up there. Most run 160 today, oil temp should not be a problem. And the oil we run is of higher quality today too.

jlat

hello people: I'm trying to find info. on the adaptor, radiator oil cooling lines, and I find nothing in the factory manual. That's kinda weird. It does talk about trans. cooling lines to the rad. but that's it.
IBBY

jlat

Post #13.
hello people: Yes I read that but the manual should talk about it. You know a manual just for the GN or T would be nice. Not that there's a lot dif. from a normal Regal but there are differences as youz guys know.
IBBY

WorkInProgress

Just updating everyone that I'm purchasing a oil filter sandwich adapter from someone on here. Thanks for the help everyone!