oil feed side of block

bigal

anyone ever use one of these instead of the brass fitting for the turbo and gauge feed. its 1/4 npt and has -6 an and 1/8npt thread. any issues that might occur w/ use of this fitting? im going to reduce the -6 to -4 for turbo feed.

Attachments

• 555-110522.jpg
    555-110522.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 202
looks like it would work fine to me, where did you come up with that fitting, what brand is it?

I make my own that retains the stock pressure switch in the same location and does not require a T for the gauge take off.

Attachments

• Picture 285.jpg
    Picture 285.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 148
I oversized that hole for 3/8in NPT for an external oil feed. Careful if you oversize it that you don't break through into the water on the underside of the waterpump area.

that is one cool fitting . we don't need the OE switch I understand. I have a good setup but that's !00 Tims better. I had the OE switch fell at the burnout box what a mess for the track to clean up. I was just pulling in and it let go just as the front tiles hit the water ,as I pulled out of the box the track guy gave me the cut it off.

The O.E. switch will get power to your fuel pump or hot wire relay once the car produces 4psi. oil pressure when cranking. So if there's an issue with the stock relay or ECM fuel pump prime circuit you won't be left dead trying to start or drive the car.
It also runs the idiot light which is far more noticeable quickly than a gauge if your oil isn't in the car at 4 psi.
Personally I'd find a way to keep that switch plumbed into the system.
Both of those circuits have helped me in the past. :)
PS: It won't help you if the FP/INJ fuse is blown however, such as with melted prime gray wire connector on the header, since the switches power also comes from that fuse same as the relay circuit.

Good info

Mine has been dangling for decades

I put one of those warning lights from autometer on my tach
With a 30psi sending unit

Saved my ass once when my oil pick up tube sucked a piece of rrv

I moved the switch up to a brkt near the ac box. I used a AN adapter in the block, with -4 line. I rerouted the wires,
& got rid of the nasty sleeving.
The turbo was fed from the PTE remote filter.