Oil coming out the breathers under Boost??......

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
Well I did a 4.1 stock rebuild to get me going, I got Ported heads on it, Well I have about 550 miles on it now and boost is set at 20psi, and after a few WOT blasts I pop the hood cuz there is smoke every where, What could this be, I have a check valve and a K&N breather on the Driver side only, I got msd 75 TE-63-1 turbo, Trans plus , all that ,
Thanks for any and all help,
Seneca Lafler,

may want to do a leak down and/or compression test...

20 lbs boost on pump gas?

could be a headgasket............

Rings may not be seated properly allowing your boost to enter the crackcase thru the rings....a little is ok, but to have enough oil coming out to sling it on the headers is not.

pcv still hooked up?
could be that crank case pressure is building up while under boost (check valve closed) and pushing oil vapors out of breather.

I never had any luck with those breathers. They leak very easy because the oil gets traped on the inside floor of breathers and drip threw the open filter out onto the valve cover.I use the closed breathers like the morosos sells. they have the oil seperator in them and never no more leaks. Steve

Yes i have the K&N on the DS and the stock one on the pass side, I also have the ATR check valve with the New PVC valve, I have Moly rings, I will do a Comp check and see what they are, I got the Mildly ported intake off of e-bay I was thinking the intake might have a crack or a bad intake gasket I did reuse it off the old 3.8 it was ran for like 1 mile , its the vally pan fel pro,
I have my EGR unhooked cuz It was running like Sh*t at ide the EGR press valve is bad cuz it get vac at ide,
Keep the good info coming,
Thanks a buch to all that are posting, I car runs Damed good for a stock 4.1 just blows the tire I love it : )
Thanks again
Seneca Lafler,

Originally posted by Maltman
Are you talking about the stock oil filler neck "insert" K&N?

If using stock gm 86/87 headgaskets you could have one that is burned but the metal is still intact.