Oil Catch Can & Valve Covers Installed

Yup, I have a 2nd catch can which is dedicated to the PCV system. Be sure to run a check valve (low cracking pressure like the Kynar one from US Plastics) in line to prevent pressurizing your catch can when under boost.

Same here, I have a 2nd catch can for the PCV with a check valve in line.

Jay, make sure the grommets are wide open. If you didn't already do it I suggest cutting the baffle off the bottom of the grommet and remove the foam. You want them to flow free.

It turned out nice. Good job (y)

Good point, I did already remove the foam but did not cut out the rubber insides of the grommets. I'll bring one of the grommets with me on Sunday.

Is that a kit they sell? Pre cut lines? Still running stock PCV?

No, everything had to be purchased separately and I cut/prepared my own lines.
Stock PCV set up. I never really had problems before, this was more a preventative thing.

If you wanted one stop shopping, Cottons could set you up with everything just like Jay's set up

No, everything had to be purchased separately and I cut/prepared my own lines.
Stock PCV set up. I never really had problems before, this was more a preventative thing.

If you wanted one stop shopping, Cottons could set you up with everything just like Jay's set up

No issue doing it myself. I'll look what they offer on the website. Got any part #'s? Thanks

I personally don't like breathers in my engine compartment. I can't stand the smell of oil vapors getting inside the car after boosting it. So I'm running sealed Moroso breathers on both valve covers. Both run under the intake where it is joined with a T fitting. From the fitting it is run into a GM evac pump that I have mounted under the car and has a line that is vented into the frame. The foam is removed from the evac pump to pull more vacuum. I used to have a catch can on the car, but the system doesn't generate enough vacuum to pull oil into the catch can so I got rid of it. Racetronix sells the wiring kit that kicks on the evac pump off of a hobb switch. I run the 3 wire pump on my car. http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=CEPH&eq=

I personally don't like breathers in my engine compartment. I can't stand the smell of oil vapors getting inside the car after boosting it. So I'm running sealed Moroso breathers on both valve covers. Both run under the intake where it is joined with a T fitting. From the fitting it is run into a GM evac pump that I have mounted under the car and has a line that is vented into the frame. The foam is removed from the evac pump to pull more vacuum. I used to have a catch can on the car, but the system doesn't generate enough vacuum to pull oil into the catch can so I got rid of it. Racetronix sells the wiring kit that kicks on the evac pump off of a hobb switch. I run the 3 wire pump on my car. http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=CEPH&eq=

That is an elegant setup! Do you have any pics of where you mounted your pump? I've been wanting to do this but dont like the look of those giant hoses going all over the place.

That is an elegant setup! Do you have any pics of where you mounted your pump? I've been wanting to do this but don't like the look of those giant hoses going all over the place.

Unfortunately I don't. I just made up my own bracket out of aluminum, mounted the e vac pump to it, and drilled 4 holes into the aluminum bracket to secure it to the back of the bumper on the driver's side. Ran my heater hose line from the e vac pump to the T that I have under the intake. The wiring harness Racetronix sells is easy to install.... positive at the back of the alternator, ground to the chassis, and a vacuum line to the hobb switch. The relay for the harness is mounted where the e vac pump is. All lines and harness are hidden.

I have similar hoses to the OP but instead of two lines running to the catch can they are Tee'd together behind the ignition module with just a single hose running to a catch can mounted on driver side. Nice clean setup.

IMG_7226.JPG

IMG_7227.JPG