Officially Retired

jemook

Have been retired since 5:00 PM yesterday.:woot: Feels kind of weird though, like it's the weekend or something. I started looking thru my car stuff today, deciding what to do first. Think the headlight kit will be the first thing, from then on it's anybody's guess. My wife thinks I'm gonna work on the weeds here at the place (we got six acres of them) :eek:, but then again she's probably right. Might have to buy a tractor and bushhog (cool, new toys):sneaky:. Looking forward to spending a lot of time with the GN.
John

I've been "gone" since 02...
Sure is nice not to listen to a boss that knows all, does all, sees all!!:D

You'll get "used to" the free time!

yup! nothing is "in a hurry" anymore, weeds? the tractor is a great idea, I have a 53 Massey Ferguson, with bucket and a Gannon,
fun toy!
plan your projects, and who cares if its not done today!

I worked for ARCO at the Block 31 gas plant here in Crane,TX as a mechanic and then a maintenance technician for 26 years, left in 2005. Bought and sold industrial gaskets at Gasket Service in Odessa for the last 10 years.
John

Have fun with it. I have my retirement planned out. I will also retire on a Friday and keep my schedule and set my alarm Sunday night. When the alarm goes off Monday morning I am going to smash it with a hammer.

Congrats. I'm looking forward to my retirement as well. I have about six more months and I can take an early. I probably won't but it will be nice to know I'm working for me now and not them. ;)