Official Buicks @ Bates Nut Farm thread Sunday 5 June 2022

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Yup!

It's that time again. The snow here has melted and spring is in the air. Unless gas prices go to 50 bucks a gallon, I see no reason why we can't beat last year's new record of 93 Turbo Buicks in one place. We're shooting for 100+. Be part of Turbo Buick history when it happens.

www.buicks@bates.com

Bates Nut Farm
15954 Woods Valley Rd.
Valley Center, CA. 92082

Delicious Nuts From All Over the World, Agriculture & Farming Tourism Center

This event is Freeeee to enter. Everyone who pulls up in a TB, TB powered vehicle or Classic Buick will receive a free event T-shirt, until we run out. People can start cruising in after 9:00 AM. The raffle will begin prompt-ish after lunch. Most people will head home about 2:00-4:00 PM, or when they realize that Ralph won the prize they wanted.

Last year was the biggest event yet since Eric and I have been doing this show.
It is our goal to get as may TBs together in one place as possible. Please tell others who own or can steal a Turbo Buick to come out and support this cause.

Please support our legendary raffle, as this is how we pay to do the event.

We will have TB vendors on hand. (By invitation / permission only)
Classic Ind will be in the house and giving out their all new TB catalog.
Nick Micale and the AZ crew will once again be be making the pilgrimage out to our cooler temps.
The Spoolfool boys will be blowing out a few blem bumper fillers for cheap.

Tech talk, Alky pump testing and guru Q and A will be on tap.

Bates has lunch burgers hot dogs and killer brats for sale, or you are welcome to bring your own pick nick stuff.
Sorry, NO BBQs allowed.

Don't forget to bring a chair(s) to sit in.

See everyone there. :)
Please drive safe.

Mike and Eric

As long as a semi trailer fire doesn't shut down the I-5 this year, I'm there! :)

Perhaps I'll leave out just a little earlier this year........

Mile congratz on the carbon fiber bumperz, hope you bring some to the show as I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.

Fired the car for the first time in 16 years!!! Might be able to make it in June, after some minor issues get solved. Car starts but wont stay running. Hope to see everyone soon. I cant get my win 10 laptop talking to the fast b2b, but think it's a old serial to usb cable plus driver issue. Other then that car fires good n sounds good.

This would be my first show even as an old school BGNRA member.

Who else is coming??

Anyone planning on going sat night and leaving on sunday??

Mile congratz on the carbon fiber bumperz, hope you bring some to the show as I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.

Fired the car for the first time in 16 years!!! Might be able to make it in June, after some minor issues get solved. Car starts but wont stay running. Hope to see everyone soon. I cant get my win 10 laptop talking to the fast b2b, but think it's a old serial to usb cable plus driver issue. Other then that car fires good n sounds good.

This would be my first show even as an old school BGNRA member.

Who else is coming??

Anyone planning on going sat night and leaving on sunday??

I tow from Phoenix to Lake Forest on Friday (or Saturday, depending on work) and then drive to Bates on Sunday morning.

Then, drive back to Lake Forest on Sunday afternoon and then tow back to Phoenix Monday morning.

Why do you ask, Two Dogs Fucking? :D

Well If I can get my car done, to the body shop and back before the show I'll go. But its gonna be a tight squeeze.
If the car can't be done, maybe you can come by Orange and pickup that accumulator ball if you still wanted it.
Or I can just see you at the show, I will be going to the show with or without my GN!

Well If I can get my car done, to the body shop and back before the show I'll go. But its gonna be a tight squeeze.
If the car can't be done, maybe you can come by Orange and pickup that accumulator ball if you still wanted it.
Or I can just see you at the show, I will be going to the show with or without my GN!

I'm confused again.

Are you talking to me? Or someone else?

If ya'all want to meet up in Lake Forest on Sunday, I'll be happy to have you ride along to Bates in my car.

Last edited:
I'm confused again.

Are you talking to me? Or someone else?

If ya'all want to meet up in Lake Forest on Sunday, I'll be happy to have you ride along to Bates in my car.
To you TurboTGuy, I remember you mentioned you needed the ball. I've got so much help from the board that I am not looking for any money for it.

To you TurboTGuy, I remember you mentioned you needed the ball. I've got so much help from the board that I am not looking for any money for it.
Oh!

I'm good, I have a new one on the car and a backup NIB on the shelf now. But Thanks.

Offer is still good if you wanna ride with me from Lake Forest.

This year will be my first time at Buicks@Bates Nut Farm, does anyone know if there is usually anyone selling their Buick used or nos parts there?

This year will be my first time at Buicks@Bates Nut Farm, does anyone know if there is usually anyone selling their Buick used or nos parts there?

Many vendors pay to attend the event and sell their wares..

In answer to your question, yes, but it's usually on the down low. You have to ask around. Most of us wait until Mike's swap meet in October to bring our gently used/unusual stuff out for public consumption.

Mike and Co. pay A LOT for the venue at Bates and don't ask for much back from us. Just to show up.

If you're selling stuff, they should get their part, but often they turn a blind eye........ Buy lots and lots of raffle tickets to make it up to them. :)

Interesting to know, I wanted to bring some used parts to sell that's just lying around. I will take that into consideration. Where's Mike's swap meet located at?

Bates charges us for every vendor we have there. Eric and I usually pick up the tab for the vendors. That is why it is invitation only for vendors.
With that being said. If you happen to "forget" some old, used parts in your trunk and happened to leave your trunk open... ;)

Just keep it low.

Image 5-2.jpg