Official Buicks@Bates 2021 Kick-off Thread

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Donations
$100.00
Is anyone meeting up at Home Depot on lake Forest?
If so what time?
The one by toll road?

I'll meet you there... Name the time, I need to follow someone who knows these friggin' CA Freeways!

I've been to Bates several times, but if I'm on my own, i WILL get lost. :p

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Donations
$100.00
I'm not seeing many people wearing masks here. Not even in restaurants.
Well, I'm already here in Communist California, so I might as well attend............ :D

The shoppers in Ralph's in Lake Forest lost their fucking minds because my fully vaccinated ass wasn't wear a mask to make them feel "safe" in the grocery store.

100% of people need food. 99.9% need gas.

You see EVERY KIND of person in both places. I promise, I AM NOT the guy you need to concern yourself with! Stop getting all up in my stuff and MOVE ON with your own life.

Last edited:

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Well, I'm already here in Communist California, so I might as well attend............ :D

The shoppers in Ralph's in Lake Forest lost their fucking minds because my fully vaccinated ass wasn't wear a mask to make them feel "safe" in the grocery store.

You see EVERY KIND of person in both places. I promise, I AM NOT the guy you need to concern yourself with! Stop getting all up in my stuff and MOVE ON with your own life.
Everyone in CA knows Frikkin Zonies can't drive.

Just ask 'em. :LOL:

TType85

Donations
$100.00
The one by toll road?

I'll meet you there... Name the time, I need to follow someone who knows these friggin' CA Freeways!

I've been to Bates several times, but if I'm on my own, i WILL get lost. :p
It is the one off El Torro/5fwy

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing

You sound like you have sand in your clitoris. :oops: Just wear the damn mask so grocery store "Karen" doesn't have to call 911 to report your ass. I don't want to see you on the 5 o'clock news. ;)

Neal

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
Thanks to all the TB peeps and vendors that made this the BIGGEST Buicks@Bates to date!

We had a total of 91 TB vehicles and over 100+ total cars in attendance!

Mike and I appreciate your support and more event details/pics forthcoming...Post em' up!

Eric

rag231

Any Buicks at Bates t-shirts left over in 2XL, just asking for a friend?

TType85

Donations
$100.00
Great event as always! Big thank you to Mike, Eric and all their crew for putting this on! It would have been even bigger if it wasn't for the issues on the 5...

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Any Buicks at Bates t-shirts left over in 2XL, just asking for a friend?
If that friend is Greg, I got one for him. Other than that, all 260 event T-shirts are gone.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
We had a total of 91 TB vehicles and over 100+ total cars in attendance!
Actually, there was one TB that was stuck in that traffic jam and showed up near the end of the show. Total Turbo Buick (or TB powered) car count was 92.

It was a great day. A day for all of us to be proud of. Next year, 100+ TBs.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Donations
$100.00
Any posters left?

I'd have been there but for the 5.....

The jamb up started for me at the north bound weigh station and ended 3.75 hours later at the exit for the military base. Ocean Drive, maybe?

It was the most horrible 22 miles I have ever driven. I wish I could have been there. :mad: I just turned around and went back to Lake Forest and drank.

Last edited:

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
yup 92 one parked out in the other lot at the very end.

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Any posters left?

I'd have been there but for the 5.....

The jamb up started for me at the weigh station and ended 3.75 hours later at the first exit past the military base. Ocean Drive, maybe?

It was the most horrible 22 miles I have ever driven. I wish I could have been there. :mad:
i have one. i can send it to Joe's house so you can kick him in his ass for me. lol

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Donations
$100.00
Check out I-10 to I-15 to Escondido.

If I recall correctly, Bates is slightly north/east of Escondido.
I'd have been back tracking almost 60 miles to make that work. Besides, it was past 12:30 when I broke out of that shit storm and was still an hour away. The show usually wraps up a little after 2. On top of it, my hotel room clock was an hour slow (guess they missed that "Spring Forward" thing some time back) I figured that out on Sunday morning at 8 AM. Once I got through all that mess, I was tired, disappointed and just plain out of enthusiasm.

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
As long as you asshole wasn't sore too you'll recover. :poop:

Neal

P.S. I know I've been bustin' your balls on the last couple of posts but I'm bummed you couldn't make it. Hopefully next year the Buick gods will shine favorably on you plans. :)

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Sorry you missed out. Here’s what your hold up was

669FE5B7-61EE-4E8F-A13F-266D6BAC740E.jpeg

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Wow what a turn out! Thanks Eric ,Mike and all the vendors that made it happen!
I figured the photos wouldn’t load so I didn’t take many. Wouldn’t ya know, looks like they load fine now.
Thanks again!
2416D117-7C59-4106-8952-62528AA345BA.jpeg

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00