Off frame restoration 86 GN

grandnat_6

I've owned my 86 GN for a long time. It still looks good, but over the 30 years it needs TLC. I would like to have the body pulled off, and have the frame blasted, as well as the body and parts and repainted. New body mounts and all new bushings for the suspension. Then have the car put back together, with some new parts, such as body fillers, new brake, fuel and transmission lines. New door weather stripping, hinges, carpeting, and new steering components. My car has about 130,000 miles on it. The bottom of the doors are starting to split at the seams due to rust. The trunk line where the trim piece fits over is starting to rust on one corner. The underside of the car looks solid but has seasoned rust. My question is, once I get into this, what about will I expect for other such damage that might need to be repaired body wise? How good will I expect the wires thru out the car to be for the tail lights, dash, and under hood. Not sure what it will cost to have this done. My guess is about $20,000. Just don't want my bill to double due to unknown issues. If anyone out there has advise to what I might find and what a better ball park figure might be; I'm listening! :) I would be having a good shop do the work. Thanks!

Boostian

Sorry. I mean it. I’m sorry to be the first one to reply, but with what you’re talking, your budget will cover the paint and body work.

grandnat_6

Hi Boostain! Don't be sorry. Thanks! I really don't know. When you say paint and body work; does that include taking it apart and putting it back together or is that going to cost more?

Thanks,
grandnat_6