Off Center Block Cost

CTX-SLPR

How much does an Off Center Stage I or II block run these days? Honestly one needing a sleeve would be fine since I'd need to keep the bore down < 3.830 (so ~3.820 max) to fit in my class with the 2.660in crank I have. Has to be Off Center as well for the class.

How much does an Off Center Stage I or II block run these days? Honestly one needing a sleeve would be fine since I'd need to keep the bore down < 3.830 (so ~3.820 max) to fit in my class with the 2.660in crank I have. Has to be Off Center as well for the class.

I bought mine about 10 years ago. I have a 4.1 off center. It was a complete virgin block. Never machined, Never built, Never touched.

It paid 3 grand. I probably paid too much and I didn't shop around. But that was before the bubble burst. Now I can't afford spark plugs.

$2000 is a decent price for a nice used S1/2 off center. I've seen them cheaper but most of them have had damage. I have a virgin S1 3.8 block that has never been machined or ran, i pulled it out of the original crate and never touched it. If anyones interested, I will sell my block for $2800 firm.

You will be looking for a 3.8 then. My virgin 4.1 off center bore is around 3.87 roughly with a thin layer of cosmoline. How small of a motor will that be when complete , 190 ci?

Bonneville 'F' motors are 123.00–183.99cid. I'd sleeve it down if that was needed for a used block but you are correct, a damaged 4.1 block has quite likely been taken too far for a 1/8in wall thickness sleeve to recover to a 3.820in or less bore.

Well on a whim I looked up Darton's catalog and found the following:

PART # BORE O.D. WALL LGTH
I-N4 3.800 4.375 0.287 7.100

Looks like you could repair a 4.1 block to 3.800in bore.

$2000 is a decent price for a nice used S1/2 off center. I've seen them cheaper but most of them have had damage. I have a virgin S1 3.8 block that has never been machined or ran, i pulled it out of the original crate and never touched it. If anyones interested, I will sell my block for $2800 firm.
Can you email me some pics of the block to t_typejuan@Yahoo.com