OEM rear axle or aftermarket? (Pic)

russgoodman

So I'm basically trying to figure out exactly what I have. I bought the car with swapped wheel studs all around (7/16). Put new rotors on the front so they are correct metric threads now. I've just been dealing with the rears being mismatched until I broke 3 of them off trying to remove my welds with slicks last week. Got longer than stock replacement studs for the rear in the correct metric thread but the knurl was way too small. So now I'm curious if these are stock axles drilled out for these bigger studs or aftermarket. To make things worse, each wheel stud is tack welded on. I've got some studs now that fit with slight modification but they are shorter than I'd like, but I think I can live with that. So have a look at the pic and tell me what axle I have. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1414444979916.jpg
    1414444979916.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 123
They are stock. They may have been drilled for bigger studs which was a common practice when upgrading the wheels and not the axles.

Most aftermarket axles will come with multiple bolt patterns that make them easy to identify.

Cool! Thanks Rob. That's what I figured but I wanted to verify for certain. Luckily I impulse bought some electronic calipers awhile back and was able to do some measuring to figure out what I need. Hopefully the bolt pattern will line up because it didn't before, hence the broken studs.

You could redrill those axles for your wheel bolt pattern if need be, but if you're making decent power you can and I would get new MOSER axles from summit for 270.00 shipped to your door.

Thought about the moser's already. May go that route anyways. I bought a set for my c10 and they are really nice