OEM GM Radio with CD and Ipod interface

I'm reading this post because I'm about to go down the same road you did. I want that exact radio you have pictured. There was one on ebay but it sold. Hard to believe the price of these old radios. :confused:

I do not want to pay almost $300 for a Cd player and then have problems with it and I won't go aftermarket either.

It's too bad that this deal went south. I will definitely check out my options before I make the purchase.

Craig Kettner (ccc87gn@yahoo.com) treated me very fairly, plus he gives a longer warranty. Still no problems with it. Just listened to over 2 hours of ipod music on Sunday with it. Makes me wonder how I got along without it.

I emailed Craig and he emailed me back. He has what I want but for the tune of $400 shipped with harness.

I think I'll find another alternative.

The Cd players out of the 99 to 02 Silverado's have a black face and should fit with a harness. They are abundant. Plus I own a car dealership so I come across them all the time. It's not as correct as the unit in this thread but just can't swallow $400 and hope the Radio doesn't crap out after the warranty expires.

Save yourself the headaches and forget about modified OEM radios. I got burned with two modified OEMs from ebay. Go aftermarket new, you get better features for those long cruises without the headaches. :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hear ya, but I want a stock look in this car. I can't seem to find a 1.5 din radio aftermarket.

My car currently has a cassette with gray face and amber lighting. Looks like $hit. If it was a nice black face cassette I would just hotwire a Ipod input and be done with it. Since I have to pull it I will try and find a stock appearing replacement.

1.5 dins I think they don't make anymore.
Check ebay you might be able to find a used one there.

Craig Kettner (ccc87gn@yahoo.com) treated me very fairly, plus he gives a longer warranty. Still no problems with it. Just listened to over 2 hours of ipod music on Sunday with it. Makes me wonder how I got along without it.

Agreed, Craig is the guy to go to. I ordered a top of the line EQ CD radio back in January with Aux jack wired on a long lead. The lead comes out the back and is tucked under the center console and I access it from between my seat and the console so I can tuck it out of site. It has been working great and his customer service is excellent.

It looks very factory and is really the only great option if you have to have an aux input and be stock appearing, which I really like. Plus I now have a CD player.

Radio 1.JPG
Radio 2.jpeg
Radio 3.jpeg

I just have one question to ask after reading this long thread.
What's a CD? :)

I emailed Craig and he emailed me back. He has what I want but for the tune of $400 shipped with harness.

I think I'll find another alternative.

The Cd players out of the 99 to 02 Silverado's have a black face and should fit with a harness. They are abundant. Plus I own a car dealership so I come across them all the time. It's not as correct as the unit in this thread but just can't swallow $400 and hope the Radio doesn't crap out after the warranty expires.
What vehicle can you get the harness from, or is this something that needs to be ordered special ?

It looks very factory and is really the only great option if you have to have an aux input and be stock appearing, which I really like. Plus I now have a CD player.

Agreed. Looks nice. Throw some GN OEM knobs and fader rings on that bad boy.

I bought a Monsoon cassette with Ipod plug for 140 shipped Sounds great

This paid advertisement has been brought to you by the long standing member - NEL45 - with 3 posts. :D
I think it has been established that he is an ok guy, trying to sell an updated, yet antiquated product, and there are a couple sides to that story.

A CD will sound light (y)ears better than a headphone jack output from an IPOD.

Get a real AUX input for line level from the docking connector of the IPOD, assuming the radio volume knob still works and is after the AUX input custom wiring in the radio.

Even the bank one would sound better. :p

This seller is 100%. His name is Tony and his EBay screen name is BARLOSAL. He's a retired GM electrical engineer.

This is obviously a different guy than who originally did mine. Glad it worked out for you.

Last edited:
This paid advertisement has been brought to you by the long standing member - NEL45 - with 3 posts. :D
I think it has been established that he is an ok guy, trying to sell an updated, yet antiquated product, and there are a couple sides to that story.
Men, I apologize if I stepped out of bounds. I AM NEW HERE!!! I was just browsing the post and happened upon the "radio" thread. I am not now, nor will I ever be, a hired hand...for anyone. The dude hooked me up and I passed on a GTG on him.

Men, I apologize if I stepped out of bounds. I AM NEW HERE!!! I was just browsing the post and happened upon the "radio" thread. I am not now, nor will I ever be, a hired hand...for anyone. The dude hooked me up and I passed on a GTG on him.