October Motorgen Meet/K1 Speed/Canyon Cruise/California Speedway Thread

A4Blk98SS

Good Evening Everyone,

October is a super busy month and we are doing lots of events. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us! Here are the events:

Sunday, October 4th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) Cart racing at K1 Speed in Anaheim! We will meet in front of the Anaheim facility at 2:00p.m. on Sunday. If you pay at the facility the cost is roughly $26 for a license and a 14 lap race. If you have a Costco membership you can get the same thing for about $16 by going to Costco and purchasing in advance. I also managed to find a coupon for $5 off that you can print out and use. Here is the coupon:
K1_Discount_Coupon.jpg

If you have a helmet you should bring it as I believe they are required. After we all race, I thought we could go to dinner if everyone is up to it. One option would be to go through Santiago Canyon to Fuddruckers in Lake Forest. If anyone else has other suggestions though, I'm happy to hear them. Winner gets bragging rights :)

Saturday, October 10th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) - Monthly Motorgen Meet at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. The meet starts at 6:30p.m. A great mix of domestic, import, and euro. Everyone is welcome - the food is good and it's a great group of people! We have filled the lot the last two months in a row - over 50 cars both times! Here are links to the photos from August and September. We may do a cruise that day as well - details to follow :)

The address for Nick's is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

Sunday, October 18th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) - Lunch at The Hat in Brea and Carbon Canyon Cruise to the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino. The address for The Hat is:

1210 E Imperial Hwy
Brea, CA 92821-5715

We will be leaving the restaurant at 12:30p.m. and will head through Carbon Canyon to the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA. Here is the route!

The museum houses a variety of WWII and other aircraft. Here is the museum info. Admission is $11 for adults, $5 for children between 5 and 11, and free for children under 5.

For anyone that wants to meet us at the museum and skip lunch, we should be there right around 1:00p.m.

Saturday, October 31st(Calendar Link) - Tailgating and taping runs at the street legal drags at California Speedway. If you want to be taped running please add your name onto the list in the calendar link.

I'll be bumping this thread as events come up so nobody misses any. If anyone has any questions please give me a call @ (714)322-2324 or shoot me an email (SeanPlunk@gmail.com) and I'll get back to you. See everyone soon!

Sean

I'm in for the 31st.
Let's get the GN's and Turbo Buicks out there for some Halloween killin':cool:

Good stuff :cool:

Did you get your header fixed yet?

Nope....but it'll be fixed by the 31st.
I had the Nitto 555R's installed yesterday along with new front tires.
Today the left front wheel bearing dang near siezed on me out on the 5 on the way to Ziggy's to get the set of headers I'm going to fix up and swap in.

Good thing I was hanging onto the steering wheel tight, because it let out a couple loud chirps and then jolted the car left pretty hard.
So I got off the 5 safe and had it towed to Lou's and that's getting fixed now along with the busted motor mount, a transmission service, and possibly new u-joints on the drive shaft if needed.

I'm waiting on my dual fans and relay harness to show up, then I'll swap in the F-body radiator with the dual fans so she'll run nice and cool on race day

Then it's a matter of doing a once over on the car to make sure all the hoses are good, do an oil and filter change and putting the test pipe/dump back in then I'll be ret-ta-go.:biggrin:

K1 racing was awesome. We had 11 of us racing and also 6 spectators. Here are some pictures. Video will be up soon as well. We went through Santiago Canyon after and then went to Fuddruckers for some grub. It was an great time - I'm definitely setting up another K1 run soon for anyone that missed it. For anyone wondering, my motorgen avatar is the result of losing a bet to a fellow member at K1 yesterday - it's not my choice :)

The monthly Motorgen Meet is this upcoming Saturday, October 10th! Here is a link to the discussion thread. It's a mix of every kind of car you can think of. We've filled the lot the last couple months, so it's over 50 cars.

Also, because their wasn't enough going on we're planning a trip to the Orange County Auto Show on Friday, October 15th at 6:30p.m. for anyone that wants to go. If you buy tickets online, you get a subscription to Motor Trend for free. Here is the discussion thread, and here is the link with details.

Anyone that wants to come is welcome!

Hey it was good to get the Camaro out and dust it off a little while Lou was doing some needed work on my GN.

Good to see my old Camaro buddies, Chuck and Paul also. They and I will be at the Fontucky event on Oct 31. I'll be in the GN in support of the event that Harold is trying to get set up with a web promoter, and I'm hoping to get lined up against Chuck and Paul to see how much of that Nitrous they need to feed their 383's to keep up with me.:biggrin:

Chuck has gone 11.41 before, and has put some better AFR heads on since then so if he can get a good launch, he should be able to beat me ......while he's on the bottle.

Paul is gonna get spanked if he does not do everything just right. :biggrin:
He' did get into the 11's once......once....:cool:

Sorry everyone, I was obviously tired last night. We're going to the Auto Show on Friday, October 16th at 6:30p.m. Here and here are the info threads.

For anyone that didn't notice (I wasn't real clear), the 2nd link I posted last night (here) is for a free ticket to the show courtesy of one of our members.

Bump for the meet as well - it's this Saturday, October 10th :)

Bump -

Tonight - Meet at Nick's tonight!
Friday, October 16th - Orange County Auto Show @ 6:30
Sunday, October 18th - Lunch @ the Hat and cruise through canyon to a plane museum.
Saturday, October 31st - Taping runs and tailgating at California Speedway.

Next month I'm trying to set up a group tint day for anyone interested. I posted it up on our board and already have about 10 cars interested. If I can get a good group together I think I can get us a good deal. If anyone has any recommendations on tint shops though - let me know!

For anyone that wants to go to the Auto Show this Friday, the 16th with us, remember to print up your free ticket here. Bring some cash for parking if you plan on parking in the structure or in front (I think it's something like $8, but I can't remember for sure). We are planning to meet in the front entrance are (where you but tickets) at 6:30p.m. Give me a call at 714-322-2324 if you can't find us or want to meet up at the show later.

Also, this Sunday, October18th we are doing lunch at The Hat in Brea and then cruising through Carbon Canyon to the Planes on Fame Museum in Chino. If you like WWII planes, etc, it's a pretty awesome museum. Definitely come hang out if you can make it, both events will be fun!

Thanks.

Sean

This is the plan for tomorrow:

For those that want to get dinner first, Leedom will meet everyone at the Carl's Jr at the address below at 6:00p.m.:

2119 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 971-5641

I will probably be at Carl's as well. We are aiming to leave Carl's at 6:25ish (it'll be tight time wise) and then park and meet at the show.

At the show we will meet up at the very front entrance at 6:30p.m. There is a main ticket booth and bathrooms right by the entrance and we'll just meet in front of that. I'll be in a blue SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union shirt for anyone that has problems finding us (or give me a call at 714-322-2324). We will try to enter the show by 6:45p.m. For anyone that comes later than that, just give me a call if you want to meet up. Don't forget to print your free ticket! See everyone tomorrow!

Sean

The cruise and plane museum was really cool - thanks to everyone that made it. Here is a link to all the pictures from the day.

The last event of the month (for us anyway) will be tailgating and taping runs at the Street Legal Drags at California Speedway on Saturday, October 31st. Here is the info on how to get your car taped, and here is the discussion thread.

We hit a mini milestone today with our 500th member which is really slick. I remember when we had less than a dozen. If you're a car guy and live in Southern California, definitely stop by the site, post on the board, and feel free to join us at any events you can make it to!

See you at the track.

Sean