Octane question

JP112_89

Hi have a octane question about chips. I have a 100 chip says boost 23#

Also have a 112 chip that says boost 24, 25#

Is heat the issue dutt stock intercoolers? Figured with 12 more octane points you could run more than 2 more pounds of boost. Timing is the same.

Is it the heat that COULD cause knock after 25 pounds with dutt neck with 112 octane?

Do you get knock with the 100 octane chip at 23?

I'd be asking the chip maker these questions.
If it's an older chip with no real data I'd be asking TurboBob or Eric Marshall these questions.

Are you logging this? How do you know "heat" is the issue? Post all your mods so we can see what you are dealing with.

Hi have a octane question about chips. I have a 100 chip says boost 23#

Also have a 112 chip that says boost 24, 25#

Is heat the issue dutt stock intercoolers? Figured with 12 more octane points you could run more than 2 more pounds of boost. Timing is the same.

Is it the heat that COULD cause knock after 25 pounds with dutt neck with 112 octane?
I went into more detail in the other thread but if it's a smaller turbo on the car let's say a stocker it will heat the air charge fast cause it's tongue is basically out at 25+psi.
with 112 you should be able to go all in depending on timing and air intake temps untill the intercooler really heats soaks that will vary based on outside temps.
Watch out if you do Repeated wot hits on the stock intercooler.
Ghost knock and air intake temps is a real thing.

Dutt neck is helpful but the stock intercooler is very small compared to other slic and front mounts that would talke longer to heat soak.

Dutt neck is helpful but the stock intercooler is very small compared to other slic and front mounts that would talke longer to heat soak.
Info I saw many yrs back... The stock IC is about 58% efficient when new.
Add in:
Corrosion, dirt, fin damage, and also a loss of heat transfer from the tubes to the fins. This is due to the loss of integrity in the solder joints.
Furthermore, this part was designed to handle about 250FWHP @ 16-18 psi, not 30 psi and the related increase in heat.

Back under my pile of old i/c's! ;)