Octane Booster - Xylene Questions

ive used it for about 2 years at 25psi with no issues about 10 tanks a year, the orange plugs have had no effect on operation i change them once a year anyway, never had issues with injectors so far, it gets expensive to run also but what isnt with these cars.
Appreciate the feedback & also the warnings. I will say the car has never run better as far as performance, knock retard & responsiveness. Will certainly wear gloves & be very careful when measuring out the amount of Boostane to gas ratio I use. I do feel like a mad scientist when adding my potion to the tank prior to putting in the 93 octane, but I can't argue with the results I've seen as opposed to adding just the 104 unleaded.

Anyone use Boostane on a regular basis long term? I used to add 104 unleaded from local race track but got expensive. Tried Boostane this year & have 0 knock issues. Car is weekend driver in nice weather only, maybe 4 to 5 tankfuls a year. I know it makes the plugs orange but does it do any damage long term like fouling the plugs, clogging injectors etc.

I had been using boostane continuously for two years, up until earlier this year when I finally got my flex fuel sensor working and switched to E85.

It makes the plugs orange, and it can make the gas gauge act wonky. I think the stuff messes with the impedance in the sender and it won't read all the way full. I always refueled at 1/4 tank indicated. Running a tank of untreated fuel or E85 always restored the gas gauge to normal, so I don't sweat it much.

But those are the only two side effects I have noticed.

I had been using boostane continuously for two years, up until earlier this year when I finally got my flex fuel sensor working and switched to E85.

It makes the plugs orange, and it can make the gas gauge act wonky. I think the stuff messes with the impedance in the sender and it won't read all the way full. I always refueled at 1/4 tank indicated. Running a tank of untreated fuel or E85 always restored the gas gauge to normal, so I don't sweat it much.

But those are the only two side effects I have noticed.
Thanks for responding, you're experience with Boostane is exactly what I was looking for. I don't have E85 in my area & have reservations about going with alky both for the cost & the fact that it comes with it's own set of problems (flush tank with long periods of inactivity, pump failure etc.). I also look to buy it when they have sales & free shipping so the cost for my 5 tanks a year is not a factor. With the car running so well with 0 KR I think I'm going to get an adjustable wastegate actuator & turn up the boost 1 lb at a time (currently at 17lbs.) to maybe a max of 20 if I continue to see 0 KR. You never can have too much horsepower or too many inches.

Thanks for responding, your experience with Boostane is exactly what I was looking for. I don't have E85 in my area & have reservations about going with alky both for the cost & the fact that it comes with it's own set of problems (flush tank with long periods of inactivity, pump failure etc.). I also look to buy it when they have sales & free shipping so the cost for my 5 tanks a year is not a factor. With the car running so well with 0 KR I think I'm going to get an adjustable wastegate actuator & turn up the boost 1 lb at a time (currently at 17lbs.) to maybe a max of 20 if I continue to see 0 KR. You never can have too much horsepower or too many inches.

Boostane work for me,4-5 tanks à year,Not cheap for a 6pack But work perfect.

I think the last time I mixed up 100 octane with it and did the math, it ended up around $4.10 a gallon for the 93 + the 32oz can of boostane.

That's compared to $9.90 for 100 Octane out of the pump at NCM.

So yea, a six pack is $120 or so, but it treats 204 gallons of 93.

I think the last time I mixed up 100 octane with it and did the math, it ended up around $4.10 a gallon for the 93 + the 32oz can of boostane.

That's compared to $9.90 for 100 Octane out of the pump at NCM.

So yea, a six pack is $120 or so, but it treats 204 gallons of 93.
I've been adding 1 ounce of Boostane Professional per 1 gallon of 93 octane to get around 100 octane. I usually add ten ounces right before I add 10 gallons of 93 & the car is showing no KR at WOT. I've been paying around $27 for the 32oz. can delivered on special & the super in Jersey is right around $3.00 a gallon. Last year 5 gallons of 104 unleaded cost me $60 bucks. This has been way cheaper & easier & can't argue with the results. Just use care when handling it.

Just a FYI Boostane is running a special for Labor Day $23.99 for 32oz. Professional delivered. Treats 32 gallons of 93 to make 100 octane.

I am about to order a can of Boostane. I’m excited to see and feel the results. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Just put the ALKY injection kit on no more mixing. 5 gallons cost 45 bucks and lasts the whole year at 25psi.

Just put the ALKY injection kit on no more mixing. 5 gallons cost 45 bucks and lasts the whole year at 25psi.

Until the pump fails and you're out an engine.

Alky works. But it's more complexity. More weight. More fire risk. Complexity is the enemy of reliability. It's why GM gave up on it after the '62 model year.

GM gave up on it when they realized the average person would not pay attention to it. As a TB owner we are not your average car owner.

I will change the pump every other year needed or not.I have a friend with the same pump for 7 years doing nothing to it.That tells me they have to be pretty good.Hey but to each there own I just got sick of mixing fuels.

I may eventually move to Ally, but I don’t drive the car all that much. Last year only had it out twice due to the birth of my daughter. This year I’ve had it out a bit more, but still will put under 1000 miles on it.

Just a FYI Boostane is running a special for Labor Day $23.99 for 32oz. Professional delivered. Treats 32 gallons of 93 to make 100 octane.
Do you have a link for the Labor Day special? I'm gonna give this stuff a try. I'm sorta in the same boat as the op, I probably only put 100 miles a year on my car.

Do you have a link for the Labor Day special? I'm gonna give this stuff a try. I'm sorta in the same boat as the op, I probably only put 100 miles a year on my car.
LABORDAY2019 is the promo code.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Question, Have any of these products ever damaged the oxygen sensors?