obd diagnostics questions

gsgnnut

I could use some help with setting up a computer interface with my 87 GN. Ive done some homework and It seems that if you have a laptop, an ALDL connector cable and software, in theory you should be get access to all the diagnostic variables to properly tune and diagnose problems. I got a 12 pin cable to usb ordered, and I have a good laptop. The real question is about the software. I stumbled on tunerpro and its free and since all I need is basic diagnostic capability is seems that it should work but before I plug it in I would like to get some feedback from folks that have this all figured out so I don't I roast my ECM or worse. I see something about the need for a 10 ohm resister for the obd1 12 pin connectors. Don't know if the cable I ordered has it built in or if I have to add it or if I even need it. Any tips appreciated.:confused:

Find a Turbolink, cheap, easy way to view data. Among other things, direct scan, OTC, powerlogger. Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are there any know instances of Tuner Pro working with 160 Baud ALDL? reading the website suggests it does for one specific ECM.