o ring block with SS headgasket

TurboSmart

in the process of instaling a rjc stainless steel headgasket but my block is o ringed with ss wire.

what to do?

remove the o rings?
use a copper headgasket?
leave the block alone and use the ss gasket?

the engine was using felpro gaskets.
the leak was between the head and block towards the intake area.

in the process of instaling a rjc stainless steel headgasket but my block is o ringed with ss wire.

what to do?

remove the o rings?
use a copper headgasket?
leave the block alone and use the ss gasket?

the engine was using felpro gaskets.
the leak was between the head and block towards the intake area.

What was causing the leak ?

There are ways to seal up the head where it wont pop a headgasket no matter what you do ... First you need to find out WHY the gasket is leaking..
if the tune is bad and you seal up the headgasket tighter than a drum that pressure has to go somewhere .. if its not coming out the top it will come out the bottom !

I would rather replace the headgasket then send the crank out the bottom ! In reality if the tune is correct you should have no issues keeping a head gasket on it well into the 9 second range on a full weight car unless you have some things going on with the surfaces themselves or hardware being used.

the leak was caused by a rotten headgasket.
there was no compression leak whatsoever, was a coolant leak into the lifter valley area.
tune is great.

the leak was caused by a rotten headgasket.
there was no compression leak whatsoever, was a coolant leak into the lifter valley area.
tune is great.

Then put a Graphite on it with your ORINGS still in the block and call it a day. The FELPRO laminate goes south quick .. I prefer not to use the laminate type. Its pretty common for them to let go in the coolant path.

The Graphite with the ORING in the block solution has worked very well for me ... seals well but does allow for a "FUSE" .. Why re-invent the wheel .. THEY HOLD !