NVU gauge cluster installation.

I was under the impression that there was going to be an acrylic "lens" over the entire gauge panel once the bezel was trimmed :confused: Can you explain the "acrylic trim mask"

Not much to explain, it is a narrow piece of acrylic like a frame. Goes over the outer edge of the trim panel.
Plexi glass would have lead to glare from the back with the bright LED lighting.
Jpratt has a pic of his trim piece on the previous page albeit broken. Installed version is on the website pics and the other thread.

Where are you guys placing the toggle buttons? I am thinking about placing only the Speedo/odometer toggle off the the side of the gauge itself. I use trip meters a lot and this would be an easy location to get to, not sure how well it will look, a black button would have been nicer.

Where are you guys placing the toggle buttons? I am thinking about placing only the Speedo/odometer toggle off the the side of the gauge itself. I use trip meters a lot and this would be an easy location to get to, not sure how well it will look, a black button would have been nicer.

Still wondering this myself... Was thinking about a small bracket/panel with all of the buttons there and labeled. Would make the wiring a bit easier but can't seem to figure on a location that would kind of hide the buttons but still be somewhat accessible.

Wondering if there is a small access box that could be mounted in the console to house the necessary buttons? This would put them within easy reach and out of sight. We have people on this board that could design a nice setup with labels. One with a flip door top would be cool.

I'm making a mounting plate to go in the ashtray holder low enough that I can keep the cover closed.

Ash tray idea is great but I already have line lock and fan override switches in mine.

Another place could be next to the rear defog switch. I used to have a manual TCC lockup switch there. lots of room if you don't have remote right side mirror.

Sorry for being naive about all this. Electronics and I don't have a great relationship.

Why do we need these switches? I get having the speedo/odometer/trip button. What will the others do? I'm thinking like maybe the oil pressure gauge for example. Can it be programmed to alert if oil pressure drops below a programmed level? What would the alert be? Am I on the right track here?

TIA

Correct, boost recall..low oil pressure, High temperature alert, trip odometer reset, possibly low voltage, Low fuel?? Not sure of the full capabilities

Correct, boost recall..low oil pressure, High temperature alert, trip odometer reset, possibly low voltage, Low fuel?? Not sure of the full capabilities

Hmm so it seems like some could be programmed and maybe just labeled and tucked under the dash as they would not really be needed again after initial setup. The trip/odometer and boost maybe the only ones that need to be accessible. Others?

Hmm so it seems like some could be programmed and maybe just labeled and tucked under the dash as they would not really be needed again after initial setup. The trip/odometer and boost maybe the only ones that need to be accessible. Others?
Correct. Don't know why you'd need any more than the Speedo and boost at our fingertips