NVU gauge cluster installation.

Can you see the idiot lights?

On the back of the panel you can see the wires to the bulbs and each location is labeled. Nothing visible on the front side. Gonna have to wait till it's installed to see them. I'm sure it will be exactly like the pics we've already seen

Guys that received their packages: Did you get a speedometer sender with your kits?
I did not see it pictured with Goodwins posting.
From what I read the Redline is NOT included in the kit and performance should have it.

No speed sensor with mine. Was curious to see who picked up on that first. Also, the speed sensor is not on the packing list that you posted with the installation instructions. Glad I picked those sensors up earlier

Last edited:
I have not gotten my kit yet so I am going off what I see from others. I will inquire about the Speed Sensor.
As for the 2 pulse sender we mostly endorsed JTR but it is a Painless product and should be available anywhere Painless Wiring products are sold.
The GM style sender is inexpensively found on eBay. You can use a 16 (or even 8) pulse. It should look like the one pictured in post #3.

From my inquiry: The speedometer senders are NOT included in the kits

I'm sorry that I am confused. I ordered the performance II kit (per wired) Can you please tell me what additional parts I need to order to make everything work.

Hi Good2win22. Which gauges are those? They look like performance II to me. Are they pre wired?

Yes they are Perf II with Titanium bezels and yes I had them pre-wired. I'm gonna be digging into how to wire the programming buttons that came with the gauges since they wire pre-wired. I believe I can get away with using the trip/calibration button with the speedo, won't need a button with the tach, but the other smaller gauges can be programmed.

One thing I didn't consider was the separate dimmer that is needed for the LED back lighting unless I read that wrong....

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389806089.781597.jpg
bummer

One thing I didn't consider was the separate dimmer that is needed for the LED back lighting unless I read that wrong....
The factory gray wire is coming from the Buick's dimmer switch and I am pretty sure it will dim the LED back lighting not 100% sure since I haven't installed them yet but seems logical.
The one thing you can do is there are two gray wires. NVU wants you to pick a color you like and wire the one. You can combine both grays, line it to a switch, have the Amber or White lighting to either pole on the switch and be able to switch between back light led colors.

(BTW everyone make sure you periodically check the first page to see installation updates on the first few posts...)

I have mine hooked up this way.
I got the 2 pulse (yellow) before Christmas and the one on the end is a VDO unit that I've been using for several years. The wires come out at 90 deg. like the 2 pulse through sender. I ran all the wires through some convoluted tubing into the engine bayand into the instrument panel.

Attachments

• VSS.JPG
    VSS.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 308
The factory gray wire is coming from the Buick's dimmer switch and I am pretty sure it will dim the LED back lighting not 100% sure since I haven't installed them yet but seems logical.
The one thing you can do is there are two gray wires. NVU wants you to pick a color you like and wire the one. You can combine both grays, line it to a switch, have the Amber or White lighting to either pole on the switch and be able to switch between back light led colors.

(BTW everyone make sure you periodically check the first page to see installation updates on the first few posts...)

Seems logical to me as well. I'll definitely give it a try and post results up