Nunes vs Rousey results

whitehot1

135 lbs.: UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey

Round 1: Nunes lands an aerly jab. Front kick to the body and a combination stings Rousey. Huge right hand. Big right hands hurting Ronda Rousey. Body shot. Rousey's unsteady, eating bombs. Monster right hands and Rousey teeters away, out on her feet. The punishment isn't letting up and Herb Dean steps in.

Final result: Nunes def. Rousey by TKO (punches)

I don't think Rousey will recover from this and try to make another come back.

135 lbs.: UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey

Round 1: Nunes lands an aerly jab. Front kick to the body and a combination stings Rousey. Huge right hand. Big right hands hurting Ronda Rousey. Body shot. Rousey's unsteady, eating bombs. Monster right hands and Rousey teeters away, out on her feet. The punishment isn't letting up and Herb Dean steps in.

Final result: Nunes def. Rousey by TKO (punches)

I don't think Rousey will recover from this and try to make another come back.
I just recently read that she was working on her boxing for this fight and my question is why? She isn't a striker or boxer, it takes years to refine those skills. She should have worked on what made her successful from the start, her judo and taking people down. She seemed out of it from the start of the fight, I think Holly Holm took Rousey's heart. Her back was against wall in this fight and she went out there and had nothing. I'm a hardcore boxing fan and I've seen it happen to other fighters who get KO'ed and mentally they're shot. It appears the same with Rousey. Who I personally never liked to begin with.

Wow is all I can say. It was mentioned that Ronda should have fought more but hey we all get our butt kicked every now and again.

RR did lose, and I know that she wanted to win more than anything in the world, but RR took 3 mil for the loss against Nunes' 200K.

Nune only received $100K.

What do you tell a DMF when you date a female MMA fighter?

"Go home or I will have my girlfriend kick you butt!"

My wife wanted to rent the fight on PPV. I told her no way, learned my lesson renting fights with Mike Tyson.

Wow is all I can say. It was mentioned that Ronda should have fought more but hey we all get our butt kicked every now and again.
No, she has been brutally ko'ed twice. For Ronda, it's not matter of getting her butt kicked every now again. It's not the simple. Ronda thought she was invincible and even said that she could jump right into boxing and beat a world champion. After going 12-0 in MMA, she was challenged by a former kick boxing and boxing world champion. So she gets in the octagon with Holly Holm and instead of doing what made her successful she tries to out box a world champion boxer and after getting lit up by a few straight left hands, she was in trouble. Especially when Holm took her to the ground in the first round. After that it was a matter of time and because Holm had Rhonda frustrated and lunging and she missed and took knockout kick to the head. Ronda went from the top to the bottom with one kick. That loss was mentally devastating and the way she fought last night you could clearly see she had no confidence and really didn't look to have a game plan. Amanda Nunes, who knocked Rousey out last night, had lost to a fighter named Cat something or another and it was because Cat was able to take her down and pulverize her. Ronda with her judo should've at least tried that, but she went out and stood toe to toe with another striker and really got blasted out. However, if you're not mentally in the fight then or scared, which I believe Ronda is, she was easy pickings. She will retire from combat sports, that is why the win some lose some doesn't apply to Rousey.

Regardless of the past.rhonda did not look sharp and had alot of hesitation.I was shocked to see her off that much and down on power and quickness.would love to see her grow ability wise but it's not an easy task to change one habits.mma is a tough and brutal sport and your ticket can get punched within hundredths of a second.hope to see her compete in the future if her will and passion is there.

It is easy to teach one to be skillful but very difficult to teach them there own attitude... even though i think the better fighter lost.

My wife wanted to rent the fight on PPV. I told her no way, learned my lesson renting fights with Mike Tyson.
You know what was a great fight that was on PPV recently, 11/19/2016, was for the light heavyweight championship between Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward. Kovalev is one of the most devastating punchers in boxing and Ward is a boxer, but not in a classical sense. He takes away fighters best weapons and makes fights ugly by clinching and trying to land punches to the body. Andre Ward is also the last American to win a gold metal in men's boxing in the 2004 Olympics. The fight was a good fight, not great, but two highly skilled fighters and one with fight end punching power. Kovalev dropped Ward in the second round and IMO won 5 of the first 6 rounds. IMO Ward won 4 of the last 6. So I had Kovalev winning 7 to 5 in rounds, but because he gets an extra point for the knockdown in the second my final scorecard was 115-112 for Kovalev, however, Ward got the decision 114-113. So the official judges had it 7 to 5 in rounds for Andre Ward. I could accept that, but all three judges gave Ward the 10th round and IMO it was a round Kovalev clearly won. He landed more and was the aggressor and at worst he should've won with a score of 114-113. 80% of boxing writers had Kovalev winning the fight. Oh well, it was like it was a huge robbery.

There are a lot of great fights out there and don't let Tyson ever set any prescident for ordering fights MMA or pro boxing. He fought a lot of over matched opponents, when he finally fought guys who had decent skill and weren't afraid of him he lost. The first was to Buster Douglas in 1990. Then he was a huge favorite over Evander Holyfield in 1996, but Tyson was again stopped in the late rounds in a helluva fight. Of course the rematch where Tyson was again having trouble with Holyfield and bit Holyfield's ear twice. However, Holyfield had headbutted Tyson 6 times before Tyson got pissed and lost control.

If you a fan of boxing, even casual, some of the best fighters in the world are Vasyl Lomachenko, Terrence Crawford, Gennedy Golovkin, Andre Ward(even though I think he lost to Kovalev), Kovalev and Roman Gonzalez. Some heavyweight fighters to watch are Anthony Joshua, he was a 2012 Gold Medalist in the super heavyweight division in the Olympics, and is scheduled to fight Wladimir Klitschko, a Gold Medalist in the 1996 Olympics in the super heavyweight division. Klitschko was the lineal heavyweight champion of the world for 9 years, but because he is from a former republic of the USSR he didn't gain popularity in the states. He made 18 defensive straight of his titles before he lost to Tyson Fury in a dreadful fight in which Klitschko just seemed to give away his titles. Klitschko will be 41 when he fights Joshua who is 27, I fully expect Joshua to win.
There is an American fighter who holds a heavyweight title belt, I don't consider him a champion though his name is Deontay Wilder. As soon as he faces a decent opponent he will lose.

Anyway my favorite fighters are Vasyl Lomachenko and Terrence Crawford. Lomachenko won gold in 2008 and 2012 Olympics in boxing and won a world title in only his third pro fight, WBO featherweight title, which tied a record and then won his second world title at super feather in only his 7th pro fight, which broke record. He just recently took on the top contender in his division and beat him so bad that his opponent quit after the 7th round. Go to Youtube and watch Lomachenko's highlight reel. Also Lomachenko won the Val Barker award for the most outstanding boxer in the 2008 Olympics. it remains to see if he can become a crossover star in the US because he is from the Ukraine.
Terrence Crawford is from Omaha, Nebraska is my other favorite fighter and he keeps plowing through opponents like nothing. He doesn't look mean or act like an idiot like Mayweather, but he can fight. His nickname is Bud.

Not taking anything away from Nune, but Rousey's performance was so bad I questioned whether she threw the fight or she just wasn't ready and couldn't refuse the purse.. her career will steer towards the WWE anyway lol, but the under cards at least made up for it they were great...

I don't think that she threw the fight or took a dive.
I don't think that she is hurting for bucks, so that
leads me to believe that she wanted the title more
than the $$, but that she was totally unprepared for
the first 5 secs of the first round to get smacked
around so bad that she was left senseless. Hope-
fully she does not smart off to Cyborg in the near
future.

Listening to the coaching audio it was clear to they worked on movement with ins and outs.she just doesn't have alot of time trying to fight like that.in stand up Nunez controlled the distance better and has much better fluid striking.I believe there gameplan did not match up to this particular opponent.

Not taking anything away from Nune, but Rousey's performance was so bad I questioned whether she threw the fight or she just wasn't ready and couldn't refuse the purse.. her career will steer towards the WWE anyway lol, but the under cards at least made up for it they were great...
She didn't throw the fight, she either had the wrong game plan(highly unlikely) or she mentally wasn't there. She looked scared to me and seemed to lack focus. As someone who has been in the ring, it is largely mental and if you aren't mentally right that is worse than being physically out of shape.

Ronda thought she was something she wasn't, invincible and a striker, and Holly Holm taught her the one lesson every fighter needs to know. Nobody is invincible. Fighters who lose by brutal KO, they either put it behind them or they don't and they mentally shot. It seems Rousey mentally didn't recover from the loss to Holly Holm.

She didn't throw the fight, she either had the wrong game plan(highly unlikely) or she mentally wasn't there. She looked scared to me and seemed to lack focus. As someone who has been in the ring, it is largely mental and if you aren't mentally right that is worse than being physically out of shape.

Ronda thought she was something she wasn't, invincible and a striker, and Holly Holm taught her the one lesson every fighter needs to know. Nobody is invincible. Fighters who lose by brutal KO, they either put it behind them or they don't and they mentally shot. It seems Rousey mentally didn't recover from the loss to Holly Holm.
If I had the best armbar in the business I would be looking to take the fight to the ground:D

I Totally agree, it is highly unlikely she took a dive, it was just a complete mental implosion, even tho everyone thinks she finally faced a real fighter, she is not as physically as bad as her performance was, she was scared got tagged and it was done.... either way I think her MMA career is over.

I did not mean to correct you so much as to relay other figures being thrown around.
I hope that she sees the light to make a good decision as to the choice between her
career as actress, advertising, royalties &her MMA career. I would just like to see
her do what's best for her.