Not Starting

atc

Hello

Car died on the way to work, just cranks over. I had towed home. Got some feed back on this site on possible fuel pump relay or pump itself. put in a new fuel pump relay. still wouldn't start. check fuses, use test light got power at emc(pink wire) to relay and check the plug by tank, got power. even used jumper wire behind alternator and pluged into hood light, can hear pump run. still nothing. is there any other electrical issue I should look for? is there a main module or relay gone bad. I do have spark and checked the fuses and even use test light to verify power with key on. I do not have a hot wire kit, all stock. do I need to recheck something. is there a volt issue somewhere. thanks for your time

Yes, pull the cam sensor cap and see if the cup shaped relict or is able to spin by hand.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Do you have a noid light to check if you are receiving injector pulse? Just cause you have power to the pump and the pump is running doesn't mean any fuel is being sprayed.

I do not have a noid light. If I can lay my hands on one , how would I check for injector pulse.

I do not have a noid light. If I can lay my hands on one , how would I check for injector pulse.

Sorry what do you mean cup shaped relict and if I can spin it by hand, then what. thanks
Well I think you found your problem. You need to set your cam sensor correctly. And tourque it down to the correct specs. Also do u have any data from a scanmaster or a powerlogger? If not I would suggest getting one . I have seen to many ppl that buy abunch of parts and have no clue what there car is doing and then ask for help here with no data .

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ can help a lot if you are unfamiliar w/the tr's. I tried to access it to make sure it was still good, but was unable. Maybe someone w/the corrected/proper address can chime in. There is a wealth of knowledge in it.

Also if you can spin your reluctor on your cam sensor you have a lot more problems then u think . It is connected to your oil pump and you could have been running without oil pressure and no oil = one broke unhappy Buick owner .

The Noid light seems to be a mute point now but I'd still get one for your toolbox. It's just a special light that plugs into an injectors plug. Crank the engine over and the light lights up if the injector is receiving the message to spray.
They are like $10.

Sorry, I meant reluctor. Auto correct made it something else.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Yes, pull the cam sensor cap and see if the cup shaped relict or is able to spin by hand.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.
emoji252.png
Sorry what do you mean cup shaped relict and if I can spin it by hand, then what. thanks

emoji252.png

emoji252.png
Did it start to sputter then die or did it shut of like the key was turned off??
yes it died, like the key was turned off. I checked a spark plug and it was dry after I tried to start the car with the fuel pump running. what would cause the injectors not to spray?

emoji252.png
Did it start to sputter then die or did it shut of like the key was turned off??
yes it died, like the key was turned off. I checked a spark plug and it was dry after I tried to start the car with the fuel pump running. what would cause the injectors not to spray?

Cam sensor starts the injector fire sequence. Pull the cap and check the wheel like mentioned.
Have someone hit the key and see if the wheel turns. You might have broke the timing chain.
If thats the case the motor will turn over rather fast due to no compression.

finally took the car to my mechanic. the computer/module is not talking to his scanner. has anyone heard of the computer module go bad? if so can they be repaired?