Not making the 1-2 shift at WOT

0-60n4

Shift governor is correct and spring in place. Appears to have the original BQ valve body. Had an art carr shift kit and just installed ck performance shift kit. Did learn the art carr had a too heave spring in the tV valve so it wouldn't work with the CKP kit so changed it out to correct one. Adjusted the TV cable correctly with visual of plunger while pan was off.

at lighit and part throttle the 1-2 occurs but a little late in the rpm range but acceptable. However at WOT it doesn't shift. NOTE: In first WOT is revs to 5200 rpm then falls on it's face. I can let off the throttle and back on then it will shift. Could it be the shift wants to happen at maybe 5400 but the engine wont go there?

I have adjusted the tV cable in and out to the extreme in both directs but still no shift.

Any thoughts or advice?

The shift is governed by the tail shaft speed, so MPH. What MPH are you reaching in first when it falls on it's face?
It actually sounds like weak valve springs.

Verify you do have 2nd gear for sure with a manual shift into 2nd from 3rd. Band was broke once and acted like you said during WOT. 1st gear would hang on the limiter lift off throttle trans shifts to 3rd.

Verify you do have 2nd gear for sure with a manual shift into 2nd from 3rd. Band was broke once and acted like you said during WOT. 1st gear would hang on the limiter lift off throttle trans shifts to 3rd.
Bingo! No 2nd gear. We don't think its a broken band. We changed the intermidiate servo from Art Carrs to CK's and probably don't have all the correct parts and clearances correct. Especially since it had second gear before we did the shift kit. Thanks for the tip!

Welcome, limited experience on 2004r for me. I had to go through all these symptoms myself recently so it was fresh.

how did you check the clearance on the servo when you installed it?
Depending on your power level, you might be better off with the stock 692 servo that came in a BQ trans.

how did you check the clearance on the servo when you installed it?
Depending on your power level, you might be better off with the stock 692 servo that came in a BQ trans.
I'm not sure how my mechanic checked it and at this point I don't think he is either. So he's going back through it. It had an aftermarket servo already. Maybe Art Carr but not sure. I should be in the 500 + hp range.

Not sure we have the correct cushion spring either. There was not one in mine so he grabbed one he had in a box that looked like the correct one. Where can I get the correct one for sure?