Not engaging any gears

gorge1087

The search option didn’t work and O got tired of going page through page. So here is my issue.

On my way to the track today I did a quick pull getting into the highway like I always do, everything was fine until I let off the gas. As soon as I did that I heard a light noise like when something made out of metal falls. Then the car went into neutral, no reverse, no forward gears, just N and park. The transmission has maybe 8,000 miles and around 25 eight mile passes with the old set up (320 hp)

Shifter cable is good, torque converter was bolted fine, and no leaks whatsoever. Fluid looks normal and doesn’t smell burnt.

I would guess that the car is in the low 400 horses and maybe high 400 of torque. I dynoed a while back with miss matched chip, it pulled 320/400 @16 pounds. Since I’ve upgraded the stock parts to FMIC, 3”dp, 3”exhaust, matching chip running 25psi on 93/Alky.

Any ideas?

Put a pressure gauge on the port above the shift lever on the trans. Has pressure? Broken fwd drum shaft or input shaft. No pressure? Broken pump.

Either way. 99% chance it's getting a rebuild based on what you describe.

Put a pressure gauge on the port above the shift lever on the trans. Has pressure? Broken fwd drum shaft or input shaft. No pressure? Broken pump.

Either way. 99% chance it's getting a rebuild based on what you describe.

Guess I already messed that up. Couldn’t sit there last night and dropped her

An easier way to test the pump is to check the oil level with the car not running than check it with it running.
If the level is the same the pump is broken.
There is a good chance it broke the input drum.
This is pretty common as well

Yep, park and six neutrals. Many have experienced it.

Attachments

• IMG_20110716_202024.jpg
    IMG_20110716_202024.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 73
Guess I already messed that up. Couldn’t sit there last night and dropped her

It had to come out anyway. Won't make much difference to the builder to know what's wrong in advance. He'll see pretty quick. Probably fwd drum

Bottom line here is if you have no engagement pull it out and have it taken apart. It can be one of many things but nine will be something that can be done with the trans in the car.