NOS GM cam sensor cap still available?

robertf

Does anyone offer the original GM cap? If not whats the next very best option?
Thanks.

Does anyone offer the original GM cap? If not whats the next very best option?
Thanks.
I just checked ebay for the Tomco 22008 cap that I saw for sale,but it sold. The only other cap is the Caspers cap. The only other way to get a cap is to buy the whole sensor. There's one on ebay. I think Standard still offers the whole sensor.

Did you try the cap,that you believe to be bad,on another engine?
I'm not sure if the cap is bad. The car is running well at the moment but it left me with a "no start" at the carwash. Engine was dry so I can't blame it on water. Car restarted after 30 minutes of setting. I can't really diagnose whats not broken at the moment so I'm replacing the FP relay/crank sensor and cam sensor cap and hope one of the 3 was the culprit. I'm hoping it's not a TR6 issue.

I have a nice OG cam sensor with cap for sale if needed shoot me a pm if u want it

I'm not sure if the cap is bad. The car is running well at the moment but it left me with a "no start" at the carwash. Engine was dry so I can't blame it on water. Car restarted after 30 minutes of setting. I can't really diagnose whats not broken at the moment so I'm replacing the FP relay/crank sensor and cam sensor cap and hope one of the 3 was the culprit. I'm hoping it's not a TR6 issue.

I would still suspect water being the culprit. Check ECM plug for water/corrosion.

I would still suspect water being the culprit. Check ECM plug for water/corrosion.

I agree! Seems odd that it started right after a car wash. I remember one time I washed under the hood. My car sputtered all the way home. When I plugged in the lap top it showed that the voltage was not linear on the TPS. Once it dried it was good. It's been 10 years and still the same TPS, and no more washing under the hood for me.

I agree! Seems odd that it started right after a car wash. I remember one time I washed under the hood. My car sputtered all the way home. When I plugged in the lap top it showed that the voltage was not linear on the TPS. Once it dried it was good. It's been 10 years and still the same TPS, and no more washing under the hood for me.
He was having this problem before he washed the engine.