Northeast Snow

Gene Van Horn

image.jpeg
Well, i guess my driving days are over for a while. Hate snow,hate winter.

This crap has f*cked me all up!!!!!

I lost my Autumn season to do all the things I planned for the Buick. I spent the whole time in Florida for business.

I'm doing a major configuration change for the new COP set-up. Which includes all my usual winter re-polishing, service, and punchlist items. I do all my work out of a small rented garage with no water, heat or electricity. The car has to pushed out to do the work. I don't have a lift and need to crawl under the car for any work needed to do below. The parking lot barley resembles blacktop. It hasn't been paved since before my birth. Heavily deteriorated, the gravel pokes holes in my back arms legs and knees.

It's bad enough I do this shit in the freezing cold. Now this!!!!????

I feel for ya, i do have a heated garage with power and water. No lift,the cieling not high enough. I had the car out yesterday but even if the snow goes in a couple they still put the shit on the roads so this is it. Time to do my winter projects. I dont know your situation but in the past when i had to many cars in winter i rented 15x20 u-storeage shed for 4 months. Mine had a plug for power and room to jack. Not to bad for 100.00 a month.

I feel for ya, i do have a heated garage with power and water. No lift,the cieling not high enough. I had the car out yesterday but even if the snow goes in a couple they still put the shit on the roads so this is it. Time to do my winter projects. I dont know your situation but in the past when i had to many cars in winter i rented 15x20 u-storeage shed for 4 months. Mine had a plug for power and room to jack. Not to bad for 100.00 a month.
Lower Westchester County. On the edge of the Bronx. No room to put it. Years ago, I built the thing in a bad-ass garage that my father owns. But Iv'e been evicted for quite some time now. It made more sense for him to convert it into a one bedroom apartment and get $2200 a month for it. Can't really blame the old greedy bastard.

So for the last 9 years or so I've had to rent a garage across town.

It's just starting to spit snow here right now. However, I did put about 150 miles on the GN earlier today. I figured it may be my last ride in it until spring. :mad:

West side of the sewer caught hell. I'm 60 mi East.. Some rain, snow spitting, then cleared, temp in the mid 40's. Mountains got hit w/ about 7"....So did my neighbor lady.:smug:

Long island here, land of shitty weather, floods and high taxes.

Welcome to So Cal.
Good news. It's been 80 degrees every day for about a week.
I did 7 skydives yesterday. One in flip flops and short pants.

Bad news. It's hot here cuz everything's on fire. :eek: One fire spread 18 miles in only 4 hours.
Scary stuff.

About 3 or so here in Nashua. First of the season around me. More Tuesday. Oh well. I'd rather snow than fire!!

Generally speaking, things are good here. We just don't have regularly extreme conditions of any kind in our area.

Occasionally it will get hot in the summer. 98-101 degrees for short blasts.
Occasionally it will get cold in the winter. 3-7 degrees short blasts.
Occasionally we will have an earthquake. 3 on the richter scale.
Occasionally we will have a hurricane. Although expensive, Sandy only really effected those that lived directly on the shore.
Occasionally we will have a tornado. Bridgeport Connecticut. Who gives a f*ck what happens to that shit-hole city anyway.
Occasionally we will have a brush fire. New Jersey salt marshes.
Occasionally we will have snow. Mostly just an inconvenience. One blizzard is due most winters and it's a "big deal" when it's over 12 inches.

But then again......We seem to have this trouble with airplanes flying into our skyscrapers.

Twin turbo, do like half the city and sell. Move to the poconos where i live and commute to work like rest them crazy bastards. Ah the city life:)

This crap has f*cked me all up!!!!!

I lost my Autumn season to do all the things I planned for the Buick. I spent the whole time in Florida for business.

I'm doing a major configuration change for the new COP set-up. Which includes all my usual winter re-polishing, service, and punchlist items. I do all my work out of a small rented garage with no water, heat or electricity. The car has to pushed out to do the work. I don't have a lift and need to crawl under the car for any work needed to do below. The parking lot barley resembles blacktop. It hasn't been paved since before my birth. Heavily deteriorated, the gravel pokes holes in my back arms legs and knees.

It's bad enough I do this shit in the freezing cold. Now this!!!!????
I can sympathize. Before we moved to our new house with a 2-car garage, still not heated, we were 18 years at our twin home in South Jersey, just outside of Philly. Street parking was horrible so I had an area corralled off and stones laid at the back of my yard near the alleyway to create nice a parking area for 3 cars.

I spent years on my back, on stones, in most weather doing work on my G8 (headers, swaybars, suspension, etc) and a rare, supercharged Formula I restored, almost entirely in the yard over the course of about a year and a half.

I don't miss those conditions at all.

But........ we make do :) We love these cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I cannot recall the last time i did any work on any of my vehicles with the use of a lift. I been laying on the ground for 45 years, mud, stones,blacktop,concrete ect in all kinds weather. What a fucking joke. My sons garage 40x60 with 20 foot cielings and heated. All the air lines every ten feet with quick connects, nice set up except he lives 5.5 hours away. Me, im moving south soon i hope, at least the ground wont be cold

Do it Gene. If I could get my wife away from her family here, I'd have moved south a long time ago.

Timmer, how you doing dude? Hope things are well with you. Yea thats exactly my problem,wifes family. Her dad still alive and she isnt going anywhere for now. Then there is the brother and sister and rest of family. Oh well i guess i just have the first snow fever, cant stand the winter.