North Carolina Towns for Retirement

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anyone know of good places to live in?

Looked at Burlington (RC shop area), Leland, Weaverville, on line for single family home with a garage.

Price range is $150K to S200K hopefully .25 acres or more.

Obviously low crime is a priority, 5K to 30K population would be nice no cities please.

Any help from the locals on good towns to look at would be nice. :cool:

COL is going to be MUCH cheaper east of 95! If you are looking small town living I would like that way for sure, or the Mountains. The middle of the state is loaded with fruit loop liberals. Look at the voting maps, the blue areas are the ones to run from lol!!! East of 95 or west of 85!!

Damm, I thought the whole state was Red, lol.

I thought East of 95 would be more expensive as you got nearer the water?...

Historic towns are great I will check out Washington for sure.

If the libtards are transplants from up north I can deal with them.... :p

Wanted to be somewhere near Buick people maybe a racetrack it's a much bigger state than our postage stamp CT. Thanks for the help.

I live in gibsonville outside Greensboro/Burlington. 20 min from RC's, 20 min from Piedmont drag way. Small town but close to most anything you want. 3 hours or so to the mountains or the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burke County (lake James Community) has a high percentage of folks that has retired in the state.

Damm, I thought the whole state was Red, lol.

I thought East of 95 would be more expensive as you got nearer the water?...

Historic towns are great I will check out Washington for sure.

If the libtards are transplants from up north I can deal with them.... :p

Wanted to be somewhere near Buick people maybe a racetrack it's a much bigger state than our postage stamp CT. Thanks for the help.
Draw a three circles on the map, 1 around Raleigh, 1 around Greensboro, 1 around Charlotte. Now stay out of those circles! They are BLUE as can be. Chapel Hill and Durham is as bad as the fruitloops in Cali. They would succeed if possible lol!!!

You may like it around Albemarle, Troy, Asheboro or Monroe (look in the south central area). About an hour +/- to Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh areas. (Close enough to visit but far enough away for comfort.) About two to three hours from the coast or the mountains. You will have a 1/4 mile drag strip (Rockingham) and several 1/8 mile strips around the same distances away. There are several Pro grade golf courses which seem to be popular with the retirement crowd. There are also several nice lakes in the area as well. Albemarle has a population of @ 15,000, Asheboro @ 25,000, Monroe @ 32,000 and Troy is real small town at @ 3,000 and if that's too crowded there are bunches of smaller towns in the area. Monroe is nice but is growing rapidly on the Mecklenburg County side. (I live a few miles out of Monroe on the other side in a very rural area.) If I was just moving to the area I would probably prefer the Albemarle area out of all of them. Small enough to be quaint but large enough to have most of what you need as far as entertainment and food. There is even a real life drive-in picture show and it is the home town of Kellie Pickler. :love: :LOL:

Draw a three circles on the map, 1 around Raleigh, 1 around Greensboro, 1 around Charlotte. Now stay out of those circles! They are BLUE as can be. Chapel Hill and Durham is as bad as the fruitloops in Cali. They would succeed if possible lol!!!

And for the same reason stay away from Asheville. Talk about a rainbow, lefty, soy boy, artsy-fartsy town. It's beautiful country and great architecture but gosh, the people will give any moderate conservative the willies. It's the Portland/Seattle of the east coast.

Now we're talkin' towns all over the state and tons of cities to avoid. :p

Been to Charlotte (two day business trip) downtown to an IMAX there on a sunday, seemed nice enough probably because we didn't really see anyone and everything was closed. ;)

Saw online Piedmont has a nice airport may start there with a mini-vacation real estate house hunt next spring, guessing April is 60 degree weather on average?

Also learned a Camry was the upscale large rental car. :rolleyes:

My buddy (his wife) is looking at the Lake Norman area that's pretty far west.

Seems like most of the state is nice, just have to avoid the college towns and higher taxed areas.

I appreciate the help!

Mebane and Gibsonville looked good and near the Buick shop and Piedmont, gotta build one more Buick before total senility sets in. :eek:

And for the same reason stay away from Asheville. Talk about a rainbow, lefty, soy boy, artsy-fartsy town. It's beautiful country and great architecture but gosh, the people will give any moderate conservative the willies. It's the Portland/Seattle of the east coast.
Yes I forgot the COOSCOOS nest! They are certified fruit loops in Asheville!

My opinion...

Stay away from Mecklenburg (Charlotte) and Wake (Raleigh) counties, politically speaking. Of course that's depending on your views of Gov't and how the local status may affect your living. Stay away from within the Charlotte I-485 outer beltway, traffic speaking. Back & forth to Lake Norman is horrible for traffic as well. Retirement and not having the need to travel through the traffic for work might make it more manageable for you though.

I'm just outside the Charlotte/Meck. county lines in Harrisburg, Cabarrus county. It was what I wanted 20-years ago, but has thrived way too much since then and all aspects of it are more like Charlotte these days. I have all intentions of getting farther away, hopefully sooner than later!

K.

Thanks for all the posts!, it seems you can do okay outside most metro. areas and their commuter paths. :)

Might work part time but nothing that involves a rush hour anymore. :cool:

I can say, "Welcome to Walmart" pretty clearly, just gotta get the wave down..... ;)

If the G.F. won't move with me, I might need to be near a retirement community or even in one to stalk some gilfs. o_O

There's plenty of those communities popping up as your state gets infested with retiring northerners. :eek:

Marshall, Weaverville, Burnsville and Spruce Pine. I have a home in Spruce Pine. All close to Asheville airport and Spruce Pine is a little over an hour from Bristol. ;)

I looked at Weaverville. and Burnsville. Thanks!

North to South the State is perfect sized, West to East is a bit long... ;)

Well now I'm thinking a bit further south.... ;)

Maybe the Lord's waiting room FLA. :p

Stay home tonight/tomorrow or put on the Blizzaks, NC will have more snow than CT as of monday. o_O

COL is going to be MUCH cheaper east of 95! If you are looking small town living I would like that way for sure, or the Mountains. The middle of the state is loaded with fruit loop liberals. Look at the voting maps, the blue areas are the ones to run from lol!!! East of 95 or west of 85!!
Bahahaaa that's funny stuff right there thank God their's still some good guys in the coastal states, I was beginning to think that us stupid idiots in the flyover states that cling to our God and guns were the only ones left with a brain in our heads, I now know why I love this buick community so much thanks for the laugh sgrim

Well now I'm thinking a bit further south.... ;)

Maybe the Lord's waiting room FLA. :p

Stay home tonight/tomorrow or put on the Blizzaks, NC will have more snow than CT as of monday. o_O
good take all the snow this winter won't hurt my feelings:sneaky: