non turbo brake pedal

3.8vsix

Hi guys, I bought a TR a month or so ago and it has the vacum brake conversion. The brakes suck on this car. I have been reading on this message board and other place's. I know when you do the conversion you have to change the pedal to a non turbo regal. I look at the pedal and it is the stock pedal for the powermaster, but they drilled a hole just below the stock pin and put a bolt there and attached brake booster rod to it. My question is, should I still get a brake pedal from a non turbo regal? Is the pedal shaped differant? Thanks.

The stock pedal for a vac brake car has a pin that is spot welded to the pedal. The clevis from the booster slides over the pin and a hair pin type clip retains it. From a safety stand point I would replace it.

Also the diameter of the pins are different so you cant install the wrong pedal with the right booster and vic-a-versa. The powermaster is larger than the vacuum. I agree, there are thousands of pedals readily available at your closest salvage yard.

Eric Fisher

Who ever did the mod did a good job. They bored a hole in the pedal and stuck a bolt through the hole and welded it in place. I looks like they ground down the bolt so the booster rod can be placed on it. They also bored a hole in the bolt to place a carter pin to hold the booster rod on. Is there a differance in the shape of the two pedals? Thanks