No WOT upahifts.

87GN. Did a manual downshift to 2nd, hammered throttle, after which it will no longer do wot shifting. Will be in 3/4 by 40-45 mph.
TV cable has spring tension, new TCC, governor and springs in place, solonoid fuse okay, new fluid and filter, all wiring properly hooked up, TV cable yanked several times and properly adjusted. Other than no wot upahifts the trans works aokay. I dread having to drop the vb but looks like that's where I m at!! Any other suggestions before the dreaded vb drop will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Lil Truck

I spend to much time here....
From a stop in D, it will shift thru the gears and be in 4th by 40-45 mph.
From a stop in D, it will shift thru the gears and be in 4th by 40-45 mph.
If it was mine I would drop the valve body clean and inspect all the valves, clean the separator plate, New plate gaskets. Inspect the governor weights for free operation and replace the seal. Check clean and inspect the servo and it wouldn't hurt to inspect the accumulator.

If it was mine I would drop the valve body clean and inspect all the valves, clean the separator plate, New plate gaskets. Inspect the governor weights for free operation and replace the seal. Check clean and inspect the servo and it wouldn't hurt to inspect the accumulator.
Yes, I think I'm at that point.