No Start

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Been around Buick's a long time. Went to start the car today and the starter does not do anything. Unplugged ecm lead and the ecm iteself, undid and retightened battery, still nothing on the starter. Pulled off the powerlogger, no help. Has good volts and values on every field of the scanmaster.

Funny thing is, when I turn the key to start, the Water Temp red idiot light turns on.

Guess it's time to get out the volt meter and start checking the fusible links...Going to swap ECM, then hit the ignition switch with a volt meter too...I effin hate these cars sometimes...

You could also take a hot wire down and use it to activate the solinoid. If nothing happens you have a good idea of whats wrong. If it does activate you should use a meter and just follow the circuit back looking for 12VDC when you hit the key.

I had a starter that crapped out on me. I pulled and benched it and it was fine. Installed it in the car and it wouldn't work. Swapped for a mini. No issues ever since. Might be worth checking out first.

I had a starter that crapped out on me. I pulled and benched it and it was fine. Installed it in the car and it wouldn't work. Swapped for a mini. No issues ever since. Might be worth checking out first.

I had a similar problem. Started tested ok but wouldn't work installed. Bought a new one all was good.

Tapped the solenoid a couple times with the back of my rubber mallet's handle, fired right up.

So what mini starter are you going to get for it?

I'm sure you know the starter on there is on it's way out.

Very nice car.

This is how one starts thinking, time to pull engine and trans, just go non lock with a trans brake and be done with it...

Throw a 1996 Corvette starter in it from your local parts store and be done with it. Lifetime warranty. ..
Super easy to install with the engine and tranny pulled...lol

Bryan

Anyone ever rewire that stupid tiny nut off the solenoid to a couple of extension wires so its easier to connect? Took me about 30 minutes trying to get that nut off, of course the stud turned and it was just a nightmare with race headers. Can't hardly wait to try to get my vband clamp header crossover back on over the girdled engine I have once the new starter is back in...