No start condition?

Steve86TA

I parked the car a few months ago and have not driven it since(I know,I know :mad:) I went out to move it yesterday and it wont start. Cranks over fine has FP but no spark. I swapped out the coilpack with a known good one..still no spark.. Where should I start looking next? I dont want to just throw parts at it if I dont have to. Also swapped ECM and no blown fuses..
Thanks Guys

Look at the crank sensor if the car has no spark or injector pulse.

If you have no spark, but you do have injector pulse, then swap out your ignition module.

Hi - All, I have a very similar problem. No Spark after the car sat for years!! :( I just replaced teh Ignition Module and Coil with the 86-87 Upgrade that included the conversion plug etc. Still I have no sprark. Can anyone tell me where the ECM and C3I fuses are located?

Hi - All, I have a very similar problem. No Spark after the car sat for years!! :( I just replaced teh Ignition Module and Coil with the 86-87 Upgrade that included the conversion plug etc. Still I have no sprark. Can anyone tell me where the ECM and C3I fuses are located?

The ecm is in the kick panel on the passenger side and the fuse is located in the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side.

John :)

Thanks for the quick response! Are there 2 fuses or just one?? anuy idea what type they are??

Regards,

Dave

Thanks!! There is good information there!! I think its the CRANK sensor. I took it out. IS there any way to test it out fo the car???

Dave