No start after doing compression test

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I drove the car yesterday and after it cooled down I tested the compression on each cylinder , starting with the drivers side , they all was about 150lbs but after finishing I hooked up the orange wire and it will not start , it has fuel pressure . I have checked fuses . I'm lost .

Check and make sure pins didn't push out of orange wire connector. do you have power at orange wire? Injector pulse? spark?

Check and make sure pins didn't push out of orange wire connector. do you have power at orange wire? Injector pulse? spark?

He says he has fuel pressure. If the orange wire wasnt making contact the FP relay wouldn’t get a signal from the ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he would get fuel pressure after cranking due to the oil pressure switch, but I agree, retrace your steps.

check orange wire, does the check-engine light turn on, do its on-off-on dance at key on?

check cam sensor and crank sensor wiring and plugs.

a common failure is loose pin tension in the CCCi plug

Bob

I have power per test light at the orange wire at the connector by the battery , Scanmaster powers up and works , I pulled two plug wires off and tested them with the test light and seems I don't have any spark . I hooked up my fuel pressure gauge and when I turned the key on it seems I have fuel pressure . It jumped to 40ish and slowly bleed back down .

he would get fuel pressure after cranking due to the oil pressure switch, but I agree, retrace your steps.

check orange wire, does the check-engine light turn on, do its on-off-on dance at key on?

check cam sensor and crank sensor wiring and plugs.

a common failure is loose pin tension in the CCCi plug

Bob
The engine light does do " on off on "

Inspect the module pins and connector. Make sure crank sensor wire connector is on good. If those are both good verify 2 hot wires to module have power. Going from memory without book I think they are pink/black.

Inspect the module pins and connector. Make sure crank sensor wire connector is on good. If those are both good verify 2 hot wires to module have power. Going from memory without book I think they are pink/black.

I will do that today , I cant understand why this happened right after I drove the car bout an hour to pick up the compression tester and once it cooled down I done the test and when I was finished it wouldn't start . Good news is the compression on all cylinders was at 150 .

It blows white / blue smoke when warm is one reason I was doing the test . I took off the up pipe and it was dry as a bone , no oil residue . So maybe now thinking valve seals but I gotta get the damn thing running LOL

Does this car have a mass air meter/sensor- if so dont rule out those intermittent troublesome parts. They will cause your car to stumble/no start/ cold start issue. Most people gets rid of them and install 3.5 GM sensor/Bob bailey MAF module kit to increase reliablity/driveability.

Also someone else in the thread said to verify your cam sensor by removing the cover and inspecting the Hal Effect ring and cover for secure/alighnment and the pin not sheared.

Both the cam/crank sensor signal are modulated/synchronzed by the Ignition module then handed off to the ECM to start injector pulse and ignition spark.

The Vortex No Start troubleshooting tree is very helpful for the No start fault.

Haulz A

Both Cam and Crank sensor is in working order , I tested the pink/black pin in the ignition module and its getting fire . I checked to make sure it didn't come with or have an after market alarm and it does not . I'm at a loss