No Oil Pressure After New Pan Gasket

RmcC87TurboTT

Changed my oil pan gasket (not fun), ran it for 5 seconds and no oil pressure now! Not sure what to do?

Should I prime it and how if so? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Mark the cam sensor? Is that the black thing I take off to get to the oil pump? How do I know where to mark it?
Sorry, still learning about this car.

As per Jerryls request...here's how to install the cam sensor after priming...or try marking it as the gent above posted.

Just like a distributor, mark the rotor at the removal point, the housing and the oil pump drive shaft position. Duplicate when you drop it back in. When I pulled the engine apart I did the full 25 deg. Multimeter deal. When you pulled the pan did you do the rear main seal? Thats the reason I pulled mine the first time.

Just like a distributor, mark the rotor at the removal point, the housing and the oil pump drive shaft position. Duplicate when you drop it back in. When I pulled the engine apart I did the full 25 deg. Multimeter deal. When you pulled the pan did you do the rear main seal? Thats the reason I pulled mine the first time.
Thanks, I'll give it a try today and let you if it works. Pan gasket was leaking around the bolt heads for some reason, rear seal was dry. Used a rubber gasket (original was cork) this time. Was a major pain doing this under jack stands and raising the motor!

If you don't want to mess with the cam sensor, pull the fuel pump fuse and the ignition fuse, and remove the spark plugs.

Then crank it over on the starter until you get pressure. With the plugs out, you'll get plenty of RPM out of the starter to prime the system.

I like the fuse idea and pull the plugs. I'll try that one and see how it goes. Noticed my new rubber pan gasket is sweating oil out around the bolts already, may back them off a touch, I love this car.......

I had my pan off for a couple of days. When I started it back up it would not build pressure. Had to prime it. I also poured oil down the oil cooler line. Primed fairly quickly as far as I remember.

Right, good idea. I'll add that to my fuse and plug idea. Hopefully that'll work.

Thanks for your input all!