No more spark plugs?

Smokey Yunick toyed with that back in the day. Gained no power but would light a mixture that was extremely lean. Looks like lean burning gas sippers need that now. LOL is there anything smokey didn't try first? Eventually they'll all be fawning over how efficient gas can be when it's VAPORIZED and not just atomized. Guess who did that first? :)

I wonder what ever happened to that idea of raising the temp of gas until it vaporized ? I remember the cover of Hot Rod with Smokey & a white Fiero that was making 2hp per cubic inch in stock form.:eek: Sam

Hope to not steer off topic too far.

Smokey put a LOT of time and R&D into making the vapor thing work. Takes a virtually perfect mixture in perfect conditions to burn at that temp without detonation. It had a turbo on it but he had it setup as a "homologator", to stir up the fuel/air mixture and provide just a couple pounds of positive pressure. He wanted a lot of money for his idea and even though he had running prototypes, the big three all thought he was nuts. John delorean was setup to buy the idea,for the delorean cars but got busted right afterward. This is the version smokey told in his autobiography, he explains the engine in pretty good detail but there were some things that someone else would have to figure out. One or two of those prototypes still exist. He did it to multiple brands of vehicles and engines to prove it was a universal idea. If the big three took what he did and applied their resources with current technology I bet they could perfect it, but i'd imagine smokey's family holds patents on it.

Gonna stop posting on this site if it is gonna double post every single damn time :mad: