No manual 2-3 up shift at WOT

ATL_87GN

I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with 3rd gear not engaging when manually shifting from 2-D3. Light to moderate acceleration it will shift up from 2-D3 fine and back down to 2nd manually. Leaving it in D3/OD it will shift up and down through the gears fine. Recently had my 2004r transmission refreshed and it started exhibiting this. I have verified line pressure, fluid level, and tv cable adjustment.

Is it slipping? or just free wheel? or a real sloppy shift?

Is it slipping? or just free wheel? or a real sloppy shift?

No slipping in any gear. There is just no shift when manually shifting from 2-3 under wide open throttle. It hits the rev limiter at 6400rpms in 2nd gear while the shifter is moved from L2 to D.

Here’s your hydraulic circuit differences from gear to gear vs leaving it in fourth. Regardless, something is misassembled in the valve body/plate/balls or boost valves. 67B04B7C-9541-4BC8-8896-342471563975.jpeg48D4F111-2E38-48AA-9E42-1B20DE5A1ECA.jpeg46D460D8-6D6C-48FF-A355-2B439182F960.jpeg

So free wheeling. At wot the pressure should WAY up, so it could be pushing past a seal, torn seal, or torched clutches/steels and it isn't grabbing. Or as above something way miss assembled. Is it a new development or was it doing it before the "refresh"? Sounds like it will come back out to be pulled apart and seen about.

The fact it works in OD is the reason it’s likely fixable from the pan. You’ve ruled out the vast majority of stuff from pump to tail shaft. Serious leak in the overrun circuit is about the only thing left that’s not working in OD.

Between the reverse boost valve being wrong or the second oil signal pipe missing/leaking or some other valve body/gasket issue you’ll likely find it in there if you know what you’re looking at.

Between the reverse boost valve being wrong or the second oil signal pipe missing/leaking or some other valve body/gasket issue you’ll likely find it in there if you know what you’re looking at.
I have seen this problem when the second oil transfer tube was not pushed in all the way. Leaking pretty bad.

Also, is it better to leave the transmission in Drive or Overdrive when you do a 1/4 mile run?