No fuel with key on

roboteq-1

Fastoy
Hi Folks- Long time snooper but first time poster.
I have an 87 T Type that I have to hot wire the fuel pump on to get it to run- my Chiltons is buried somewhere after our move so I'm stuck. Any words of wisdom??
Robert:confused:

You have checked the FP/INJ fuse, right? Also, suspect the fuel pump relay on the passenger side of the engine bay sitting on the wheel well. It is the middle relay. You can probe the green wire and then turn the key to on. The wire should be energized for a couple of seconds indicating it is priming the system. I doubt yours is energizing.

You are not gonna Frakking believe this- I went out meter in hand and prepared for an afternoon of chasing volts. Started at the fuse block- lets see...fuel/inj, hmmm 15A HOLE!!! :confused:The freakin fuse was GONE! I've not really driven the car for years, all i remember is one day it wouldn't start. I talked to a buddy who had a GN and he told me how to hotwire it. He'd also been by a couple of times when i wasn't home and has a WICKED sense of humour. I think that 1) he pulled the fuse, snicker snicker, or 2) Its been one 6 pack too many and I just didn't remember ANYTHING??!:eek: Oh well, dont drink anymore and the car fired right up!:D As soon as my '76 is done, this ones getting a fuel system cleaning/upgrade and a full detailing:biggrin:- already had new 4wheel brakes, gas packs, and the wheels re-powdercoated and polished then clear anodized on the vanes. Took my 16 year old out for a quick spin- bought him an 87 V8- and even though its not running right it still impressed the hell out of him!
Great call! Thanks! ( aren't you also on V8??)
Robert

Haha. I guess "theft of fuse" wasn't the FIRST thing that would come to mind. ;)

Doh!!!

Yup always lock your doors!!! That 15 amp gang is pretty ruthless. :cool:

I can't tell you the number of times I have spent too many hours troubleshootings something with "all my expertise" only to find a simple cause. That's life smacking you back in line every once and a while. :D

Glad you fixed it easily.

In Electronics school we had one instructor I nick-named "Marvelous Marty" 'cause he always had a good story where he was the hero. His favorite saying? "is it plugged in?" No fuse!? WTF!? I couldn't believe my luck! Even more so that I actually had a stash of spare fuses I could lay my hands right on. I just DO NOT get this lucky. Now someones gonna steal it outta my driveway!:eek:
Robert