No Fuel Pressure

TType85

Yes , and after being in the automation electrical field for 39 years , I'm surprised that more solid state relays are not used for higher current applications like fuel pumps & cooling fans . No moving parts , no contacts to burn . We us them in many high current / high cycling applications like mold machine heat control , bulk plastic dryers .
Since I ran all new wiring for my dual pump setup I went to a MSD SSR and since it has 4 ports I also wired my dual fan setup in to it. It cut down on a lot of extra wiring and it works great.

NoVA_87_GN

Got an update and more issues. Got the new relays in, plugged it in, turn the key to start, fuel pump kicked on, turned car over it started right up. Turned it off and started it up again, let it warm up, sprayed some test alky as it’s been sitting for a few days still ran fine. Turned it off, moved other cars so i can take it out for a spin, tried to start it back up, won’t start. I hear the fuel pump kick on, looks like i got 34 lbs of fuel pressure, but it won’t start, just turns over. Fuel pump still keeps coming on like it should, but back to no start issues. Any ideas on this one? Thought i had her figured out.

Mr.Spool

Got an update and more issues. Got the new relays in, plugged it in, turn the key to start, fuel pump kicked on, turned car over it started right up. Turned it off and started it up again, let it warm up, sprayed some test alky as it’s been sitting for a few days still ran fine. Turned it off, moved other cars so i can take it out for a spin, tried to start it back up, won’t start. I hear the fuel pump kick on, looks like i got 34 lbs of fuel pressure, but it won’t start, just turns over. Fuel pump still keeps coming on like it should, but back to no start issues. Any ideas on this one? Thought i had her figured out.
Fuel pressure is low
If volts are good and you have spark
Pump may be on it's way out.

NoVA_87_GN

Since i might be replacing my fuel pump, is there a good external one that i should be looking at? The car has a sumped gas tank which feeds a fuel filler and then this Holley fuel pump:

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Is that filter cleanable? When was it last cleaned? Is there anything in the tank like a sock?
X2 on the should start with 34psi but pressure doesn't equal volume. Can you verify it is pumping fuel or not?

Mr.Spool

Since i might be replacing my fuel pump, is there a good external one that i should be looking at? The car has a sumped gas tank which feeds a fuel filler and then this Holley fuel pump:

Aeromotive brushless spur.

NoVA_87_GN

Went back out to see if I could see why it wasn't starting, put the car in the "on" position, fuel pump kicked on, pressure got up to 34, tried turning her over but still wouldn't start. Noticed the fuel pressure gradually dropping from 34 all the way down to 19. Dropped slowly, 1 psi at a time, seemed to level off at 18-19, I'm assuming pump is done. Ordered a replacement pump and filter, nothing high end, just need to get car to wife's house in the garage, then I think I'm going to swap out the sumped tank and external pump with a new fuel tank and in-tank pump, this will fix my fuel gauge not working issue also.