No cruise after switching to Dakota Dash

TURBO2

I put a Dakota HDX Digital dash in my 1986 GN and everything works except the cruise control. Before I put the dash in it worked fine. Has anyone put one of these in and have the cruise working?

You might need something like this:

It will give the ECM the correct MPH signal so cruise will work and the dash a more common signal that works with most speedometers.

You might need something like this:

It will give the ECM the correct MPH signal so cruise will work and the dash a more common signal that works with most speedometers.
Thank you, I'll look into it.

It works…. I just did the same. I switched to the GPS speedo sensor as 2 of the converters that come in the kit have died. I wired the gps to the speedo and sent a signal from the gps sender to the vss.

I have a Dakota digital signal splitter. I sold the car and never got to install it. Willing to let it go for less than I paid for it. Let me know if you’re interested.

It works…. I just did the same. I switched to the GPS speedo sensor as 2 of the converters that come in the kit have died. I wired the gps to the speedo and sent a signal from the gps sender to the vss.
Thanks for the help.

I finally installed a signal splitter and the ECU now is reading the speed, but cruise still will not work. Supposedly the computer wants to see 2,000 ppm (oc) to get everything to work but when I set it for that signal the ECU gets no signal. I ended up having to send a 4,000 ppm (AC) signal to get it to work but cruise still won't work. if I go down the highway and touch the brake pedal, I can hear and feel the TCC kick off so It seems it wouldn't be switch related. When I turn the cruise to the on position on the stalk I can hear a relay kick on so it seems it's not a power issue. I have tried all the ppm signals, 2k, 4k, and 8k for both oc and AC and the only ones that the ECU see's the signal is 4k or 8k AC. What am I missing?