No body mods section on here?

Why is there no section for body mods on g-bodies? Do people think we should add it? I love stealing the lowrider body mods and putting them on hot rod g-bodies. Here in the northwest back in the late 90s we did what we call a euro light swap (corsica lights in a g-body) and it looks lame on a lowrider but this swap looks amazing on a hot rod version. I can make a wright up on how to do it but I wont do it to my current front end so it would be a how to on rag pile plane jane g-body but it will outline it if people want.

Here's a picture of a lowrider with them just imagine a hot rod g-body with them

5vyvwy.jpg

And I get it if this stuff is taboo. Keep in mind ive cut up cars others cared for but I dont. To me turbo regal or cut it up. I did this to one of the rare rear drive twin cam Corollas and this car was a 1986 (most desirable year) and it was production number 2002 lol. I put full cage door bars and all fiberglass body work but left out the rear cause it was a hot rod not import after I worked on it. It was fun and I could show off 7in meats on that little car the kids with full body kits cant. Then I did all the fun crap like 4.56 gears and TRD 2 way LSD rear and other stupid goodies. And the nice guy I am I sold it to a guy that just moved here from Japan and only wanted one of those and a beat kids car is $4000-$5000 so I gave it to him running and driving for $2800. Also no it was not meant to look good it was a drift car that has had both quater panels caved in and hammered back out multiple times. Its was a beat it to death car.

2qcp9ok.jpg

6s6rgj.jpg

1em89f.jpg

Last edited:
We have a fabrication and a how to section where you can show off your skills on how you did something, not "I don't know what I'm doing so can you help, or, Help me fabricate this idea I have. Most of us actually like the design of the stock Regal chassis and body but a few would like to modify the body for specific purposes. I'm sure some might like to know how to widen the fenders but doing off the wall mods most will leave to those that don't understand what these cars represent to the general car guys that like them, plus they're antiques now and getting harder to find in good condition.

I'm sorry I'm not here to offend anyone and keep in mind these cars have tons of factory body mods that no one does cause they dont know they exist. Im not saying you cant figure it out. Applied technology has super lightweight bumper, air damns with and without ram air scoops, repop fender vents. And why mod the fenders? We have factory Buick fender flares that widen these. This what I mean. At the end of the day its just a car and really there was 20,000 grand nationals made in 87 alone (and 90% have 20k miles and hard park all day). These are only rare if you own a t-type, turbo-t or a gnx. And fyi the rarest turbo regal is an 82 gn with 215 made but that's ignored here. The gnx is the holy grail here when there's over double of those.

And I have a catalog with the repop fender flares in it I can order these all day for you guys. And if that's not enough do the import way of stuffing big wheels in without cutting a car. Rent an Eastwood fender roller. It bolts to your brakes and pushes the fenders out bit by bit. It goes so slow it wont even crack your 30 year old paint.

Then we have guys here putting the 3.8 turbo in normal g-bodies and that car is already modified to hell so they would love this stuff. Just cause you wont mod the car you have doesnt mean no one mods g-bodies.

Last edited:
While you rated my post as dumb, all I was doing is explaining the way things happen on the board.:rolleyes:

We've had the idiots that wanted 24's and body lifts on the site, and they were treated like the idiots that they are.:p Modifying the suspension and not the chassis for those mods are the mark of someone that has no clue how the system works. Just like those that pull the turbo V6 engine out and drop a SBC in with a carb, "because I'll make more power that way".:ROFLMAO: Usually it's because the current owner has no clue how these cars work and aren't willing to take the time to gain the knowledge to make them fast.o_O

We've had several high end builds that were posted on the board that completely re-did the chassis and body for pro-touring as well as other styles of cars, and they did it tastefully as well as showed most of the mods. We've got vendors that provide the newer style headlights and LED taillights, as well as digital dash inserts and GNX style dashes.;) We have several members that've had their cars in National mags because of the way they look and perform. As far as the body goes, the only thing most of the members care about is whether it has rust or if the paint is screwed up. I'm sure some would like to know (as I said) how to make permanent steel fender flairs to help clear the tires and wheels they want to run, but other than that I haven't seem and really crazy mods since I've been on the board.:)

Ok chill man. I didn't mark that as dumb I didn't even know I could. Your car is your car. I'm not into 24s and v8 swaps im a turbo buick guy. Did you read that I'm even saying from the start this is not stuff I'd do to a stock one or a real turbo regal. But I can build a gn and its really not that hard to if you start with a good regal. And one thats a clone why not modify it. Like I said I steal subtle body mods from lowriders that look good on hot rods. If you want to laugh me out for being a true a hot rodder and doing whats been done for 100 years to every car fine. I make fast cool cars with stuff I find in a junk yard. If that's a joke to you fine I can and have built a car without forum help. And sorry I make my stuff or use original oem body mods or classic body mods. Im not into new catalog car styles sorry.

EDIT: Im sorry if you took this the wrong way but I thought seeing a junk yard built rear wheel drive import with hot rod tires that was meant to resemble and drive like a gn showed im not into 24s. And you should go read my introduction and see my Buick before you go say im some dumb lowrider guy.

Last edited:
Oh god you're a staff member maybe coming here was a bad idea. I really just came here to get a fair value on my spare t-type wheels so I dont ask too much and maybe cut a deal to member. I guess I can put them ebay and go do my own thing. I already took enough crap for turning a rare ae86 chassis Corolla into my poor mans grand national. I really don't want to even go down that road again. It's childish to care what someone else does to their car imo. I've worked on lowrider regals too. Do I like it no but they have money and it's as green as yours budy.

EDIT: sorry im drunk and think it was rude for you to come at me like that. Flat out in my opinion my junk yard savage style kills that bs Chip Foose crap that makes magazines all day. I do it for me and only me. Not magazines not some kids approval just flat out bad ass down and dirty style and I won't give it up no matter how much the mainstream hates my style. I think it's sick and that's what matters not some people on the internet.

Last edited:
As far as junk yard parts go. I do that myself. My new frame is boxed and I used left over steel framing from the shop we built to do it. Just the right thickness (.118 thick) to match the center section. The front crossmember top was cut out and dropped 3/8" to get rid of the crash zone and stiffen the frame, as well as drop the engine down some. The rear discs are off a 4th get F body, and the front brakes are off an S-10 blazer, with a 12 disc off a 4th gen F body snd a bracket I designed so you can use a huge truck caliper for stopping.:eek: The rear sway bar's off a 2000 blazer and the front bar's off a 3rd gen F body.:D Where hot rodding is concerned, using parts off other cars is where it started after all.;) The bolt on guys may be "hot rodders" but don't have the imagination or ability to do their own work or think in a lot of cases.:(

I also showed how to use a turbo off a 301 TTA and came up with a bigger turbo for the earlier (78-83) turbo cars so we can play with the faster brothers when we get on the track.

I saw the pics of the headlights but didn't see any pics of the body mods you're talking about, and with the donks and lowriders, you can't tell what they're going to do. Like I said, we don't do a lot of body mods that you can see, but we do things like mini tubs and other things which keep the body lines as original as possible.(y)

I get all of that stuff. All I care about from the lowrider world is the headlight swap cause it looks like the tinted Buick covers but if done right it wont rattle like the covers and the clear looks better then tinted covers on a light color regal like a white one. I'll post some pictures of junk yard cars I built and more of the black car (ignore every part of the lowrider but the headlights). You can only see the supra wheels shoved on a Corolla and a blacked out body in the pictures but that thing had a lot more they're on my computer and im on my phone. All of my body work is track inspired stuff cause my dad raced a 240z and I grew up looking at hacked up bodies not show cars. I think you guys might actually like the crazy crap I did to imports to feed my hotrod lifestyle when I was a poor college kid that couldn't afford gas. I sold the big engines and tried to replicate it for the time.

Seriously if you like anything I did even a little please say so ive spent 8 years with import kids saying my cars suck. These are some cars I built. I think this says im into hotrods. Keep in mind this was when I went to the dark side and had to build 30mpg cars but I learned a lot about efi.

This is an 83 Corolla high boy coupe with an efi twin cam and 4 wheel disc brakes and fun crap all over. ITS NOT A DATSUN lol.

snjhon.jpg

ta0n7q.jpg

This is the black car when its cleaned up. Keep in mind I built it as a poor mans gn and sold it to a guy for $2800 and he was absolutely in love with it. He called 1 hour after I posted it and tried to buy it right then but I made him wait till morning. He didn't even try to talk me down and it was obo lol.

23j1fua.jpg

1zd6a8o.jpg

nx1jyx.jpg

I did this to a stock rear diff. so I ended up having to put a $2000 rear end under the black car.

dr5agx.jpg

This is what happened to the high boy coupe. Damn bmw owners man.
2r7832q.jpg

clear.png
Dumb x 1
The Terrifying T-Type

This is the rating Charlie mentioned. U typing on a phone? That could be what happened.
Suggest you post when a bit more sober, and back away from the bong.

The headlights are a neat idea but I don't know how many guys would do it. You seem to have some talent but you might try softening your approach being new here. We've had quite a few new guys that seem to rub others the wrong way. You might also go to your user controls and and add some info so others know what you're working with in a sig.

clear.png
Dumb x 1
The Terrifying T-Type

This is the rating Charlie mentioned. U typing on a phone? That could be what happened.
Suggest you post when a bit more sober, and back away from the bong.

I'm usually a cool guy but when I see responses like this from a guy that doesn't know me and is a staff member oh you bet I'll talk back. My approach is simply a reflection of what is said to me. If you want me to soften it then you cant come at me like that. Think if someone came out you like that in person youd rip them apart. The fact that one staff member made a small conversation mistake is ok. The fact a second came in here and insulted me for trying to be cool and talk it out with you is bs. This thread is why I'm not going to stick around here. You guys should expect those responses to what was said here and I really should rip that guy apart for his post but I wont. I'll be the man and walk cause I'm not here for people's bs.

Oh now I marked a post as dumb but really it was. And honestly I think thats a disrespectful concept I want nothing to do with. And his post was marked dumb before I even replied to it. Maybe someone here thinks he's dumb for saying we all like stock lights when hes one guy and that's just his opinion. Did that cross your mind?

EDIT: if I did mark it dumb did the fact that most people use a touch screen and you put the option right next to the scroll. So anyone on a touch screen could mark a post dumb just from scrolling down the page. Nice concept guys.

And this wasn't all about what I do I really want to see what other people are doing for body mods and I think it would help if they're all in one spot not scattered around in build logs.

Last edited:
If you find the members so "disrespectful", it might be a good idea for you to hang out elsewhere..

And I'm happy to lets cut the crap and be honest here. I came here to get a value on my spare wheels and sell them. Plus buy some parts. I hate people that come in a board and sell stuff and go. Truth be told I wont tell you how to fix your Buick people here will probably be able to help me diagnose a problem with mine faster. So I tried to bring something to the table everywhere I go and I can point out stuff you might not know and I'm a certified cnc machinist and programmer. I can make parts or spit out free programs for you guys to make stuff.

I came in here to ask about this and your sites dumb button turned this into a kids thing. Im not here for that at all. I didn't say you were disrespectful. I simply said the idea of a dumb button is disrespectful and ideas are ideas. If you think its dumb say why and offer a fair side dont hide behind a button. That's disrespectful. I never said the people here are.

You need to calm down. It is what it is and I can sell my wheels on ebay or maybe here but I wont bump that thread. Then I can just buy my parts and find the tech info I might need. I dont have to be a part of the site but im trying to bring something in here with me. If you dont want it fine I'll go the way I hate and sell my wheels and just donate a bit here and never contribute. Simple problem solved everyone's happy.

Oh and you're an air force guy only 4 years but whatever. I'm a bit aggressive but I grew up on an air force base and hung out with fighter pilots and other air force psychos growing up. Then my mother is a retired 20 year air force staff sergeant so I woke up with a whistle at 5am everyday as a kid. You only did that for boot camp.

Last edited:
Sorry but burnout pictures are lame. Here's my Boldsmobile. See if you can catch all the Buick parts as I burnout. The wheels are an easy catch.

Allow me to enlighten you on a couple things:

1) It's highly unlikely you'll find someone willing to pay the exuberant cost of shipping a complete set of wheels. You'll probably have to find a buyer that's close by. I doubt you'd even believe the shipping costs I've paid and been quoted over the course of this year, on items nowhere near that size or weight.

2) With TRs and just about all facets of life, just because something's rarer, it doesn't necessarily mean it's more valuable. I see you still have a lot to learn here.

Last edited:
Ok whatever I only have a set of the rare t-type fin mags in mint condition and I posted I prefer local and im in Seattle. I've noticed quite a few here are able to pick up. I'm also asking $600 less for mine then the repop gn wheels on ebay. And if the shipping is that big to someone I'd include shipping at my price. I see you have a lot to learn about dealing parts. If you work with buyers you always make a sale. Hell I shipped a Toyota cylinder head back to Japan. It wasn't cheap but he needed it and I'm a car guy. I'll get it to his door for what he has.

Also look at this. I have no invested interest in this site. The staff and you do. If I was a paying vendor I'd take my money to another site cause you dont even want to let new people come in. They come in and you throw them out for whatever reason. I posted an introduction on your site then got chewed out for being what im not cause you guys ignore that section. I also asked what you guys thought I should ask for the wheels. You never said but you're fast to throw me out and complain about that. Thanks. If was advertising here I'd take my money elsewhere cause they wont get customers if people associate them with this crap.

Wait, here I try to help with some general info and look how you just responded. If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. Sorry, that I didn't know you even had another post with local p/u and location for the wheels. With all your ramblin, how would I have? You probably should've made mention of it, as that would've actually been pertinent info.

Maybe you should start a new thread under the parts wanted section: Needed, A Hug

Also, are you still drunk? Cuz it's hard to tell with your head shoved so far up your ass. Adios!

Last edited: