Nitto drag radials

Don 231

Hello, I am looking at buying a new set of 275-60-15 nitto drag radials for my 87-T. Question is.. what is a good price and will they fit safely on stock t-type 7in rims? Thanks.:cool:

They'll fit fine on stock T-type rims. You may get some frame rubbing during high speed off ramps, but it's no big deal. They will rub less than 275/50's.

Discount tire ( http://tires.com ) has then for $143 Each with free shipping.

My car came with 275/60/15 BF's mounted on 84-5 T rims. The one time I did drive the car it rubbed a little to much for my taste.

On ttype rims I maybe rubbed the frame once with 275-50/15s. They bulge over the sides some and you have to keep the air pressure down a bit or the centers will wear fast. I ran about 24 psi highway and 22 psi at the track. Best price in this area is at the Radial Tire Warehouse in Silver Spring. Tell Paul I sent another one (I've made about 7 sales for him so far :)). Last price I heard was about $310 out the door for a pair, tax, mounted, balanced, everything. You can mail order them a bit cheaper but unless you have a friend at a tire place you have the hassle and expense of mounting and balancing so to me it works out cheaper at rts.

Oops, just noticed you want the 275/60's, not 50's. Don't know but I'll bet rts will still be the best bet.

Originally posted by irockwithdirt
My car came with 275/60/15 BF's mounted on 84-5 T rims. The one time I did drive the car it rubbed a little to much for my taste.

The Nittos are slightly shorter and narrower than the BFG's. Out of the 4 different 275 wide drag radials that fit 15 inch wheels, the Nitto 275/60's will rub the frame the least on T-type wheels. then 275/60 BFG's, 275/50 nittos and 275/50 BFG's will rub the frame the most.

what about fitting them on GN wheels?

i have a buddy here that mounted the 275/50 nittos on stock GN wheels and there is no rubbing what so ever-

its tight, but no rubbing

BW

Thanks guys, I need to get tires for the front also... what are the smallest tires I can put on the front rims? Thanks.

My car came with 275/60/15s on the rear and 215/65/15s on the front. In my opinion it looks kinda funny. The 275s bulge out and the 215s look almost too small for the rims.

Just my 2 cents.