Nice project that came in yesterday.

VMineo

Took me about 4 hours to put the horns in but I think it came out pretty Good.I spent most of the time making the bracket to hold the horn.I had to use a jigsaw to cut a 1/2 piece of steel,Wasn't fun at all.All i kept thinking was I wish my tablesaw was set up.Then I ran out of the rods for the welder so im having him come back tomorrow.Ill just feel better if I weld around the bolts so they don't loosen up.The first that always blows off the trucks after the train horns is the hood latch.I just make a bracket that connects the rod to the shaft so it doesn't looses up.Anybody else have air horns?

Attachments

• 100_3135.jpg
    100_3135.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 336
Wow, how many heart attacks are you responsible for?? I feel bad for the clueless driver that pulls out infront of you!!!! :biggrin:

Is that legal? I'm pretty sure that where I live, it wouldnt be...hell, nothing is vehicle-related is legal here in CA.

Not that its stops me or anything ;)

Is that legal? I'm pretty sure that where I live, it wouldnt be...hell, nothing is vehicle-related is legal here in CA.

Not that its stops me or anything ;)[/QUOTE

I put a switch on the mirror button that turns the train horn and off.Never had a problem or did anyone I put it in for.

Wow, how many heart attacks are you responsible for?? I feel bad for the clueless driver that pulls out infront of you!!!! :biggrin:

When people are driving and talking on there cellphone,I hit the horn and they drop the phone out of there hands.Its really loud.I original put it in my truck for towing but then everybody that heard it wanted it.People definitely move out of my way.:biggrin:

I like the horn, but I need something more personal. I need a loud speaker mounted under the bumper. I want to yell at them: "Hey dumb fV<k, hang up the phone and drive!!!!".

hello people; Not to be a dick but are you alright with placing those air hons so low. IMO if you want horns like that put them up where the real truckers horn are or find an area that's going to be out of the way. I can see those horn filling with snow and crap. I'd like to here them then. But I guess if it's not driven in the winter you'll be good but they look way to low for me.
I'd like to here them tough.
IBBY
guess who just found spell ckeck

The bumper did go back on the truck.The customer didn't want me to mount the horns on the roof of his 2010 denalli..The horns sit inside the bumper so theres no way snow or anything is getting in their.They look low because of the picture but theirs about 18'' clearance to the floor.I installed a lot of these horns and never had one person complain about them.But thanks for the concern.

The bumper did go back on the truck.The customer didn't want me to mount the horns on the roof of his 2010 denalli..The horns sit inside the bumper so theres no way snow or anything is getting in their.They look low because of the picture but theirs about 18'' clearance to the floor.I installed a lot of these horns and never had one person complain about them.But thanks for the concern.

hello people; I guess big horns are a new hot seller. I like big horns but not on my ride. Sounds like you have a good thing going. Keep it up.
IBBY
do you know what IBBY means? It means I'll Be Blasting You from a kid show when I was a kid and I don't mean horns.
IMO it's a waste.
speaking of waste I had a co-worker who got a brand new Cadillac and he had to special order a continental kit he wanted for some crazy extra money. He liked it and that's what counts. No offence.